Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any hid kits that are cheap and reliable for an 2004 impala? Also I wanna change my tailights to either smoked out black or another whole tail light assembly . Any suggestions?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are there any hid kits that are cheap and reliable for an 2004 impala? Also I wanna change my tailights to either smoked out black or another whole tail light assembly . Any suggestions?
When I had my 04 I had black box 10k and I paid 130 with 1 yr warr...and my tail lights I had done @ a body repair shop paid 150 which is pretty cheap for being 3 parts and the lil breake light...

If u live in so cal area I can still get the black box hid kit for 130 and can get your lights smoked for 150 or cheaper now since ever shop does them now...I paid 20 for my 08 imp and they came out sweet lookin...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ook good looks on the info......ima try to look that black box product up....unfortunately I'm not out on the west coast I'm way on the other side out here in Maryland lol....but good looks 1 other question once you black out your lights is that reversible? With the hid's did u do it yourself or professionally installed? I'm tryna get right for the summer

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well the tail light I had them done as light as they could,my oringal color of the lights where all red,not the blacktrim around the red...don't know if reversable...the hid I did myself on both rides and ill I used was double sided sticky tape and zip tied them to subframe(well hidden)...from what I hear the hid kits w/the small ballance are cheap and go out quick,and 1 more note don't run them during the day,shortier life span when ran durining the day due to the heat the lights put out and the actual heat from the weather...I think my main profile page has a pick of my 04 and 08 b4 I turned her in @ the dealership...

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^^damn,those are sum bad a** hids...ive had 2 replace (2) balance but have had them for a yr...but mine came loose and hit something it stop workin...imo i would go with these instead of black box(do u guys think i should hit mine w/a hammer,lol):tongue:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those HID look ok. I want some but Im not sure I will hook them up right. So thas thereason whY ihavent got any yet for my Imp

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those HID look ok. I want some but Im not sure I will hook them up right. So thas thereason whY ihavent got any yet for my Imp
there easy plug and play,most you have to do is find a place to mount your balance and cut into the circle plastic cover(depends on the yr of your imp 7th gen had rubber and 8th gen has hard plastic) behind your light to make the wires fit thru it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts