Impala Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a high beam and low beam HID kit I had bought for my old car, it just so happens to be that my SS takes the same bulbs :biggrin: BUT, how do you install these in our cars? I noticed our headlights have one main wire harness plugged into the headlight and then it is divided from there by bulb.

Anyone ever installed a kit? How did you do it?

·
Registered
358 Posts
noice! now some hid fogs!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are next :) Just need to find some new places to mount the ballasts for the headlight HID's, the lights keep going out due to wires being bent or scrunched up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
sweet i just got in to a wreck and im replaces all the parts myself so im getting the check for 3k and so yeah i think i'm going to try to get 900 of it my mom wants the rest cause she pays for the insurance but yeah i could get the hids then do u know homw much for fogs?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
This thread is from 2009, there are much more recent threads. Do a search in the 8th generation section . By the way, the HID bulbs can be inserted into the regular bulb openings. that is not the ideal way to do it, but the concept of the headlights being fully enclosed is not an issue.

Reactions: martin
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.