Impala Forums banner

HID Install on Eagle Eyes Halo Projectors

6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  RYD SLO 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I recently bought a set of Eagle Eyes CCFL Projectors. I bought a 5K 55W HID kit with relay harness to go along with it. I'm not familiar with the connections to hook the kit up as it doesn't seem to be like the other plug and play connectors that go to OEM headlights. I've never spliced any electrical lines before which seems like what might have to be done. Is this a challenging task for a novice level? Can somebody shed some light on this for me. Maybe a little better than that pun, lol :giggle:

I took a pic to show what the connection wires.
Thanks in advance folks.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Fuck brah I forgot about this and been working mad late.

With the relay harness and his you won't need to use the green or black wires in the headlight.

Green is power and black is ground for a halogen light bulb.

But the hid bulbs gets its power from the ballast which gets it from the wiring harness.

Even if I get home at 8 again tonight I'll snap some pics for you I feel like a mega douche

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Fuck brah I forgot about this and been working mad late.

With the relay harness and his you won't need to use the green or black wires in the headlight.

Green is power and black is ground for a halogen light bulb.

But the hid bulbs gets its power from the ballast which gets it from the wiring harness.

Even if I get home at 8 again tonight I'll snap some pics for you I feel like a mega douche

NP man. I know I've been working a crap load too. OT, 10-11 hr shifts, and then school on top of it. Its getting a little bit better since I do get at least some day light when I leave work now, haha. Damn it spring what are you waiting on!?!...smh

Anyways thanks for that explanation. I'm going to start on these tomorrow if it does break 40 deg like they say here before starting my suspension mods all day Saturday. Sucks not having a garage. :gaah:

#7 ·
First picture is the drivers side headlight. Just the hid ballast is connected to the hid bulb.

Second picture is passenger side headlight. Hid ballast is connected to the hid bulb and the hid relay harness is connected to the stock halogen wires.

Attachments

#11 ·
Not sure about these particular lights, but working with the 7th gen halos, the h1 bulb kinda fits. On the HID bulb, there is a connection running from the tip of the bulb to the base. The only way they fit is for this connection to go into the small "slot" in the h1 bulb opening. After that, you just need to clamp the metal retention piece down (not exactly easy, but it can be done with some force). AFAIK, no HID bulb will fit perfectly in a halogen h1 opening, but the h1 HID bulb does fit, although not perfectly as intended.

#13 ·
Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about the light output of any of these aftermarket projector lights. Retrofitting is your best bet, and will end up being the same price as the crappy eBay lights with a superior result

#14 ·
K thx for the response. I have tried researching around a bit and noticed ppl complaining about low light output from them. I decided to continue using my hids in original headlight assembly. Seems like best option.

I want to look into adding fog lights on my LT that doesn't originally come with them. I am hoping I can do this by just buying the inserts for the bumper that have holes for fog lights, not sure with fog lights to go with. I would like color to match my 6k hids but don't want to do what someone else mentioned where the ground is so lit up white with them on that you can't see/distinguish white road markers.

Either that or just buy a 4 channel amp to power my speakers.

Thanks again for response.

#15 ·
You need the whole front bumper to install fogs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.