Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Anyone looking for plug and play HID's for any vehicle, single beam, BiXenon, various Colors, lifetime warranty, please sound off here!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Looking for a set of 9006's POSSIBLY a set of 9004s + whatever bulb goes in an envoy fog light
digital ballast or standard?
I know pricing prob depends on # of sets sold, but have a schedule in mind?

thought this may help out too;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do any of those colors...

Digital ballasts with auto load leveling for newer current managed systems...35 and 55 watt.

I can put together a schedule once we get some interest.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Darn wish I would have waited. I needed some H4s for the subie so I ended up ordering them from Snakey on ISSF.

for anyone interested, Mike sells great HID units. Have one in my RMS for two years now, and had a set in the fog lights on the ranger (sold them to fellow ISSF member still going strong)

T

·
0 Posts
Can you do a 9004 with a high beam?

I'm in the market for a 9006 also.

What ballpark are we talking about here?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can you do a 9004 with a high beam?

I'm in the market for a 9006 also.

What ballpark are we talking about here?
I can do a 9004 Bi-Xenon which will give you both hi and low beams.

I can do the 9006 no problem.

Pricing really depends on qty. bill, lets give it a few more days and see if we get any takers, if not I will put schedule together for who we have.

By the way these are Gen 5 ballasts that are digital solid state units with current leveling systems integrated. For those buying these for model year 2000+ these will work without flickering. They are available in both 35/55 watt version. Lifetime warranty-

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Are the bixenon ones, the ones that have the "sleeve" that slides up and down for hi/los (sorry thought i could find a pic of what i meant but google failed me ;) )

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Are the bixenon ones, the ones that have the "sleeve" that slides up and down for hi/los (sorry thought i could find a pic of what i meant but google failed me ;) )
The BiXenons HID conversions have a mechanically actuated mechanism on the back that moves the glass burner up and down to provide hi/low functionality.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The ones that move up and down at an angle aren't the greatest if you want lo/hi function. my friend had a set and the highs would be in the air even with the lows aimed low. The one apexcone I have draws the bulb into the housing for highs exposing more of the bulb to an open area on the included shield.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Well I only asked because they are already bright as hell and adding high beams seems overkill, also we dont have "state inspections" per say so that never crossed my mind either. I will have my first set soon and then I will understand better.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well I only asked because they are already bright as hell and adding high beams seems overkill, also we dont have "state inspections" per say so that never crossed my mind either. I will have my first set soon and then I will understand better.

You're not really adding a high beam. Unless you're buying those joke of a HID bulb that puts a little H3 bulb next to your HID bulb, it's still one bulb. However there's a mechanical function (TRUE BI-XENON uses a moveable shield) that either allows more light to be shown or changes the height of the bulb so it makes them look like his.

T

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I put new stock capsules and 6000k HID conversion on my SS and man, they friggin ROCK! They are plenty bright and I never have a need for a high beam. However, I lost my flash to pass capability. I miss that most.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts