Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post here. In a flurry I've also registered at chevytalk.com and impalas.net in the hopes of finding some die hard late 60's Impala enthusiasts. I have a 1968 Impala Sport Coupe with matching #s L30 327 mated to original M20 Muncie. I have original factory window sticker which indicates this car was built in Atlanta. Options: Butternut Yellow with Black vinyl roof and all black interior, no AC, manual windows and seats. Only thing not stock is the air cleaner, valve covers (I have the virtually mint originals) and the CD player. Paint is faded but body is in decent shape, minor rust developing around wheelwell trim and at trim piece on rear roof pillars, and around trunk weatherstripping... Got this car when I was 16, didn't drive it much, but now 9 years later I want to fix it up really nice and take it on an epic cross country adventure.

Here's a question I have posted also on impalas.net: the valve covers and air cleaner stickers say "Turbo-Fire 327 300 Horsepower," but in the owner's manual, the '68 catalog and everywhere else says that the Quadrajetted 327 was rated 275 horse. Can anyone shed some light on this discrepancy?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts