Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 impala lt with 17 inch rims factory but my father in law has same year and model with 16 inch rims factory and my front end is about an inch lower then his confused to why

·
Registered
300 Posts
The obvious "Square One" might be simply comparing each cars tire sizes.

What the Numerals and Lettering on tire sizes mean:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The obvious "Square One" might be simply comparing each cars tire sizes.

What the Numerals and Lettering on tire sizes mean:

Ok mine are 225/50/17 his are 225/60/16 would i have clearance to run 225/60/17 looking for that inch of ground clearance has mine i can't get a jack under and front sopoiler scapes in my drive his does not

·
Registered
300 Posts
I haven't clearance for a Floor Jack under the nose of my '11 Impala, too.
To Jack-up the front fm dead-ahead, ... first i have to drive the front wheels off the floor up on slabs of 2x10 wooden planks.
Just raising the front wheels off the deck a bit on the planks gives me 'nuff room to maneuver the Jack without rubbing the plastic.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Ok mine are 225/50/17 his are 225/60/16 would i have clearance to run 225/60/17 looking for that inch of ground clearance has mine i can't get a jack under and front sopoiler scapes in my drive his does not
If your '11 LT has 17" rims, the correct tire size is 225/55/17. 16" rims call for 225/60/16 tires. Fwiw, in '11, there was an LT and an LT "Fleet". I'm guessing many of the LT "Fleets" received the 16" package.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
My opps they are 225/55/17 is the suspension different also
Shouldn't be unless 1 of the cars is Police/Taxi. Both should have the FE2/medium soft ride suspension. You can check the suspension codes on the RPO sticker under the rr trunk carpet. Supposedly the '11 LT came with the 17" wheel/tire combo only. The '11 LT "Fleet" came with either 17" or 16".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shouldn't be unless 1 of the cars is Police/Taxi. Both should have the FE2/medium soft ride suspension. You can check the suspension codes on the RPO sticker under the rr trunk carpet. Supposedly the '11 LT came with the 17" wheel/tire combo only. The '11 LT "Fleet" came with either 17" or 16".
Ok ill have to check mine the front end is 1or 1 1/2 lower then the fleet if my in laws are fleets because they have 16 inch rims

1 - 10 of 10 Posts