Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved to Canada from Scotland 6 years ago love all V8s and V6s in North America. Hated all the rice rockets and 1 litre euro micro crap cars
Found this forum and decided to join up ,GTP and an 04 impala and my impala is getting me down :gaah: . Great fast car but now its got the trany trouble, bangs in to gear now and again . So looking for some advice on removing it and rebuilding it. No stranger to tools and cars
( Master Mechanic in the UK)
so hopefully i can help out as much as you guys can help me.

Cheers

Rusty

·
Super Moderator
10,792 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello Rusty

How many km's on the car? Has the auto trans ever been serviced?

I would start with a pan drop and filter change. If that doesn't help, it may be done for.

Don't keep driving it like that. Once a tranny starts slipping, it quickly self-destructs

Moved to Canada from Scotland 6 years ago love all V8s and V6s in North America. Hated all the rice rockets and 1 litre euro micro crap cars
Found this forum and decided to join up ,GTP and an 04 impala and my impala is getting me down :gaah: . Great fast car but now its got the trany trouble, bangs in to gear now and again . So looking for some advice on removing it and rebuilding it. No stranger to tools and cars
( Master Mechanic in the UK)
so hopefully i can help out as much as you guys can help me.

Cheers

Rusty

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Welcome to IF!!

As recommended do a fluid and filter change. If that doesn't help the trans needs some work. It sounds like either a pressure solenoid going out or a shift solenoid sticking. Common problem. These transmissions should have their fluid/filter changed every 50k miles or less in order to keep clean components and prevent failure.

FYI: Many people on here will suggest against having the transmission flushed or adding any additives.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome pics of car would be good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts