Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been in here for awhile but just read the letter to introduce my self. My name is Ray Barbour. I'm from west suburbs of Cleveland, Oh. I'm a retired corporate aircraft mechanic/flight engineer for a large oil company. My job moved to Chicago, where my wife Gayle is from, for 7 years. Then we moved to Somerset to retire 5 years ago on beautiful Lake Cumberland. You can usually find us on our new boat or in our pool in the summer. I bought a 2006 LTZ sort of as a beater. It is in excellent condition so I guess I can't call it a beater. I also have a new Toyota van and a 2000 Corvette with only 25 k on it.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

what the heck is up with corvette owners buying Impy's??? You're like the 3rd one that I know of now....that seems like crazy talk to me....lol

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice stable!

Maybe it's because you don't drive a Vette everyday, especially in cold climate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right. The Impala is my daily driver and the Toyota is my wifes. The Corvette only goes out on sunny days.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Awesome imp and vette! Way to keep the miles down it's worth it!

Welcome to the Forum!

what the heck is up with corvette owners buying Impy's??? You're like the 3rd one that I know of now....that seems like crazy talk to me....lol
Haha its tru my dad's first two cars were an 85 and 68 Corvette, and then he bought 4 different 94-96 impala ss's lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Howdy neighbor, pretty country down that way. Hot as hell at the moment.
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Officially WELCOME!!!!!

Todd

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
welcome aboard! My neighbor just bought a 2008 Corvette about a month ago, and because my dad does a lot of the work on it (it's my neighbor's race car), it's sorta become the "community car" and we all hold some form of owner ship in it. I got my impala from a customer of my dad's a few years ago and I'm almost ready to register it (hopefully this week!)

So welcome and I hope we can all answer any questions you have and share some laughs over some stories!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
very nice! I like the wheels a lot! Can you post a close up of one??

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
no chrome needed in my opinion! They did look different in the previous photo to me though, I thought the recessed areas were painted, but it was just the way the sun was hitting them and casting a shadow. I like those a lot though, I'd like to see them with the recessed areas painted black and the face painted a silver tone to give it a "machined" look.....it's funny how many different kinds of wheels were stock on the vette, every time I turn around, there's something else! Nice ride for sure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts