Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself.

I own a couple of vehicles right now, but devoting some of my time to doing over my late dad's 1995 LT1 Impala SS. I absolutely love this car! He and I were really the only ones in the family back then who appreciated it for its style, handling and engine! Now I am trying to put it back to its original glory. It isn't bad, just needs a little attention, cleaning and the tlc it deserves.

Look forward to meeting some of you and gathering up some tips and tricks along the way.

Gail
NJImpalaGirl

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community. That is a nice car your dad left to you. I am sorry for the loss of your father but hope you will treasure the memories of you, him and that car. If I had to replace mine I would look for one of them. Cleaning it and giving it TLC will go a long way to long enjoyable life with that car. I hope you really enjoy it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Gail
Jsut wondering how the paint is holding up and the clearcoat on the rims can crack and peel easily? I saw that you had another post regarding cleaning the rima and Mr. Bates Auto explained about how aspray cleaner can damage the wheels. I will agree with him, although I use Eagle One All wheel cleaner and havent had any problem with any of my cars. I dont use it on the Impala though. I only use soap and water.

I like to use Zaino for wax on the Impala. It has incrediable light relections properties so it looks wet all the time. Great stuff and easy to use.

Im sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It can be really tought to loose a parent. I lost my father to alcoholism 2 years ago. My father loved my Impala also.

This is a great place to get to know your Impala and a fun place to hang out.

Richard is the admin here and usually post some interesting stuff.

There are other sources of Impala and LT1 knowledge if you're interested, let me know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Eric. I am trying to learn as much as I can. I love this car almost as much as my dad did, and I want it to look again like when he took care of it.

I look forward to talking and getting to know all of you, and thanks for the advice and the nice welcome.

Gail
NJImpalaGirl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts