Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a quick hellooooooo to the Impala folks! I picked up a 2013 Impala LTZ and am SUPER happy with it! I have a few mods planned:

SSC 3800 Lowering Springs, Adjuster Bolts for Alignment
Projector Headlights with Black Housing
In-Channel Window Deflectors (WeatherTech doesn't make a rear set?)
20" Black Wheels with Chrome Lip
EBC Slotted Rotors, Performance Pads & SS Braided Lines, Paint Calipers to match vehicle.
Borla Exhaust
*Possibly* Duraflex Stingray Z Style Hood

I'm sure there will be more, but for now that's my initial goals.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
In-Channel Window Deflectors (WeatherTech doesn't make a rear set?)
First - welcome to the forum - glad to have ya!

Regarding the WeatherTech deflectors - you are correct, they only make them for the front windows. When I inquired about it, they told me that because of the rear window design, they couldn't get the deflectors to stay put properly - so they don't even make them.

That being said - here is a pic of my Impala with front-only WeatherTechs. I mainly have them installed because I smoke and like to leave the window cracked ALL of the time to keep the smoke-smell under control - but, the look has actually grown on me (having them only on the front)!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,950 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Some photos of your "Mod Journey" would be nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll put together a build thread here soon like I'm doing with my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 4x4 (Building it as a moderate Expedition rig)... I found that Lund makes a set of in-channel wind deflectors for both the front and rear of the impala, so I'll see how those work out.

I'm going to start with the simple things... Lund In-Channel Wind Deflectors Front & Rear, SSC Lowering Springs & Camber Bolts / Lifetime Alignment @ Firestone Corporate and soon enough, PowerStop Performance Calipers (Red like my Impala), EBC USR Sport Slotted Rotors & EBC Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pads...

Looks like after that it will be wheels & tires, but I'm trying to find what will be the best offset and size to go with. I've seen the 2013 with 20" wheels and those are a touch too big, but 19s look good, so I'm considering going that route... but the 18s don't look too bad and may look fine once the vehicle is lowered, so then if I go with 18s it'll just be the offset I need to sort out to get a more flush look without having to use wheel spacers, which I'm highly against doing.

Performance wise I've settled on the following:
-K&N Short Ram Air Intake
-K&N Oil Filter
-Overkill AutoCal K&N Retrofit Kit
-Overkill JACFAB Intake Spacer
-Overkill 80mm Throttle Body (Once Released)
-MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust

I'll change the Cabin Filter to the K&N Cabin Air Filter and add a Rola MOVE Rigid Base Organizer tucked on the side in the trunk to hold some basics, emergency car starter, jumper cables, flashlight, bla bla bla...

On the exterior I'm going with the Duraflex Stingray Z Style Hood most likely (LOVING it's look) and then also Spec-D Black Halo Projector Headlights & Spyder Red Smoke LED Tail Lights and will probably de-badge the vehicle and consider pulling the chrome trim and replacing it with black, as well as having the chrome door handles painted to match the car's red.

Lots of plans and still piecing the plan together, and then little by little as my budget allows, I'll get it all done. I'm in love with this car!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
FYI - I tried the Lund in-channel visors and while I wasn't at all happy with the quality of them compared to the WeatherTech, I also found that they didn't even fit properly! After contacting Lund, they confirmed that it was a design flaw and allowed me to return them for a full refund.

Honestly, I'd recommend that you stay away. The quality difference between the Lund and WeatherTech (even if the Lund was designed properly!) was pretty dramatic. The Lund's also use tape to try and make the visors stay in place - and there are many reports of the back window visors falling out - even with the tape they use.

Just a heads-up - been there, done that! :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ewww, nice save. For now I'll remove my plans on adding wind deflectors. I'm researching wheel offsets now and have decided to stay with the 18" diameter.

·
Premium Member
18,505 Posts
Welcome!! :beer: Wheres them PICS???? :coolpics:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once it stops raining I'll snap up some pics. These will be my @Start pics, since right now it's 100% stock.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Welcome to the Impalaforums. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts