Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone..i'm new here however i've had my 96 impala for a few years. i want to update my lights too. any recommendations? i want to go with the blue

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
welcome!! Must post pics before we give out info... :lol: jk

although i dont own a 96 impala im sure some ome will come in and help. If no ones chimes in use the search button on the top right.

Also if going for the blue on HID 10k are blue and 5k and below are yellow.

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: Pics! NOW! :lol:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome,PICs we need pics

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome! 6000k has a good tint of blue, but still has great light output. I've had 10000k and loved them, but 6000k were so much brighter.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome! Yep, HID is your best bet.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Welcome aboard man first off.

And not to try and de-rail this thread anymore, but this brings up a good question about HID's and the 8th Gen Impala... Do I need to modify the harness going into the headlight assembly to do these? I'm curious of it now since I can't get the damn Sylvania SilverStar headlights in the right size bulbs. I too would like to try and do the blue ones for mine as well...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
You do need a relay kit to keep them working and from flashing. But no modification to the stock harness is required. The only modification to the stock headlight period is cutting the rubber dust cover to allow the wires to fit through.

Reactions: LazerBlue07SS

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yep, the harness draws external power from the battery, and uses the stock wiring as a relay trigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts