Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject says Hey! Just saying Hello. Picking up my 2020 Impala Premier tomorrow afternoon! :)

I'm in Ontario, Canada and work for a local ISP. Really excited as I fell in love during the test drive. Only have pics I saved off the dealers page but will certainly have some videos and pics coming.

As said it's a 10th Gen 2020 Impala Premier, 30'000km (18641 Miles), White with all the options (I think?). Actually no sorry I don't have the 20inch wheels.

Already have her booked for Tint next Tuesday. Looking forward to learning what people are doing with there's!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking forward to learning what people are doing with there's!
Nice.

Here's what I've done on 2019 Premier

Highly recommend adding splash guards.

Also either preventative fix or wait for it to happen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you know which infotainment system it has? Is it the MyLink system? I'd be interested to know if it plays FLAC files from USB flash drive. 2019 MyLink system doesn't support FLAC. Even though FLAC is free and been around for a long time. It even appears that the FLAC codec is already there because it will play them if renamed to a supported file extension such as .mp3, .aac, .wav. But that breaks the meta data. Very sad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Already have her booked for Tint next Tuesday. Looking forward to learning what people are doing with there's!
Depending on tint laws in Canada where you are they may be pretty close to the max already.
I did a brief search and came up with 70% light transmittance in Ontario. Maybe that is outdated but check first.

There is a nice chart for the various provinces in this article.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice.

Here's what I've done on 2019 Premier

Highly recommend adding splash guards.

Also either preventative fix or wait for it to happen.
Thank you for the info! I will definitely look in to those two items.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know which infotainment system it has? Is it the MyLink system? I'd be interested to know if it plays FLAC files from USB flash drive. 2019 MyLink system doesn't support FLAC. Even though FLAC is free and been around for a long time. It even appears that the FLAC codec is already there because it will play them if renamed to a supported file extension such as .mp3, .aac, .wav. But that breaks the meta data. Very sad.
It is the MyLink system. Not sure about FLAC files but I brought my usb mem stick for the test drive and it played my .mp3s with no problem. The Bose 11 speaker system is awesome!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depending on tint laws in Canada where you are they may be pretty close to the max already.
I did a brief search and came up with 70% light transmittance in Ontario. Maybe that is outdated but check first.

There is a nice chart for the various provinces in this article.
Oh yes I am well aware. Even before the new laws Police in my area we're always anal towards vehicles with tint. In my quote email to the business doing it I made sure to say I want whatever is legal on the front driver/passenger windows. Rear can be anything. He's going to show me his car saying "most people like the levels I have". Going to ask the business if they can note the tint specifications on my receipt so I can keep it in the car just in case.

"A recent Ontario law went into effect for vehicles manufactured after January 1, 2017, which prohibits any aftermarket window tinting on a vehicle's front windshield.2 The law also limits the allowable window tint on the front left and right windows to a maximum of 30% darkness. The law does not impose restrictions on tinting of the backside windows and rear window. "

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to mention I also ordered this "Vantrue T2 1080P Dash Cam, 24/7 Recording Dash Camera with Motion Detection Parking Mode, Super Capacitor OBD2 Hardwire Dash Camera with Sony Night Vision Sensor, Optional GPS, 2 inch 160 Degree Wide Angle Car Camera Dash Cam, Support 256GB Max" from Amazon yesterday.

Been running a dash cam for MANY years and can't recommend using one enough. Saved my butt twice with false accident claims. One blatantly lying, saying I rear ended her when my cam showed me in the left of a two lane one way street and her making a right on red, I had green while making her right on red instead of entering the immediate right lane she continues in to the left lane (no signal) and just stops... When I first called my insurance they were saying it's my fault, I rear ended her and will be held responsible for the accident. In my police report I explained I had dash cam but they didn't seem to know this. Explained I had the video uploaded to Youtube and gave the rep the link. Five minutes later comes back apologizing saying they will be going after her insurance.

Before was just a IOttie phone mount and used a dash cam app so this will be my first dedicated dash cam. Will prob do some videos on it as I eventually want to get the wiring kit to make it permanent (wires hidden).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh yes I am well aware. Even before the new laws Police in my area we're always anal towards vehicles with tint. In my quote email to the business doing it I made sure to say I want whatever is legal on the front driver/passenger windows. Rear can be anything. He's going to show me his car saying "most people like the levels I have". Going to ask the business if they can note the tint specifications on my receipt so I can keep it in the car just in case.

"A recent Ontario law went into effect for vehicles manufactured after January 1, 2017, which prohibits any aftermarket window tinting on a vehicle's front windshield.2 The law also limits the allowable window tint on the front left and right windows to a maximum of 30% darkness. The law does not impose restrictions on tinting of the backside windows and rear window. "
30% darkness is 70% transmittance. The factory "tint" front side windows may already be pretty close to that. May not be worth the expense to add just another few percent.
Here we can go down to 35% transmittance. Washington State just to the north appears can go down to 25% transmittance. Doesn't seem to make any sense. Wish neighboring states would cooperate to be within say 5%. I would like to tint but it is so expensive. I have trouble justifying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
30% darkness is 70% transmittance. The factory "tint" front side windows may already be pretty close to that. May not be worth the expense to add just another few percent.
Here we can go down to 35% transmittance. Washington State just to the north appears can go down to 25% transmittance. Doesn't seem to make any sense. Wish neighboring states would cooperate to be within say 5%. I would like to tint but it is so expensive. I have trouble justifying.
I don't believe mine has any factory tint. Could be wrong though, sure didn't look like it when I test drove and doesn't look like it to me at least from the pic below (I think this is mine from the side.).
Ill know in 2 1/2 hours! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts