Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well when Katrina came in 2005 my dad car and mine was flooded so from 06-08 i cleaned the inside the car and when i try to run it it wont work and my friends say i got to change the oil and engine and they say i going to clean the engine and i dont know how to take it apart and i really want this car to work and i need some one to help me with this

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does the engine turn over? If the battery is okay and the engine doesn't turn over then remove the spark plugs and try cranking the engine over. If there is water in the intake it can hydrostaticly lock the engine and prevent it from turning over.

if the engine turns over but wont' fire then check the distributor cap and make sure that's dry. check for spark and see if you have any. if you don't then check all of the wires and connectors for the distributor.

lastly, do you have gas? if the car was under water you may have water inthe fuel tank as well.

changing the oil is a must. then determine if the problem is with spark, fuel or water ingestion.

that should give you a start on getting it started

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the engine turn over? If the battery is okay and the engine doesn't turn over then remove the spark plugs and try cranking the engine over. If there is water in the intake it can hydrostaticly lock the engine and prevent it from turning over.

if the engine turns over but wont' fire then check the distributor cap and make sure that's dry. check for spark and see if you have any. if you don't then check all of the wires and connectors for the distributor.

lastly, do you have gas? if the car was under water you may have water inthe fuel tank as well.

changing the oil is a must. then determine if the problem is with spark, fuel or water ingestion.

that should give you a start on getting it started

1 - 3 of 3 Posts