Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here. She's bloody cold out the last few days. -40 with the windchill... I hate windchill.... :mad:

I've got a '01 Impala and took the cat off. Took off that RESTRICTIVE "U" tube the 2nd oxygen sensor sits in , then had the engine chipped including firming up the shifts. Never had it dynoed but the seat of the pants feel (and the smiles) went way up. Took the origional rubber off. Got the best 'quiet' rated tires I could find. Last change I made was the headlights. I just finished changing out the 9006's to modified 9005's. Bumped it from 51W to 65W. They say 1000 lumens to 1700 lumens.

Love 'dem chevys

·
Registered
358 Posts
welcome 2 the forum!!!
what motor do you have?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the 3.8 . The Number one reason I bought the car was the engine. You can't beat the 3800. Tough as nails. Don't know why they did away with it. :frown: Maybe GM wsn't selling enough parts for it? Duh-know.

My car looks pretty much like 04DetroitLS picture. I love the silver. Always seems to look clean.

·
Registered
81 Posts
welcome welcome

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I've got the 3.8 . The Number one reason I bought the car was the engine. You can't beat the 3800. Tough as nails. Don't know why they did away with it. :frown: Maybe GM wsn't selling enough parts for it? Duh-know.

My car looks pretty much like 04DetroitLS picture. I love the silver. Always seems to look clean.

I heard GM was diverting those motors for use in a lawnmower campaign, GM saw it as a saving grace project since they cant make a car worth a damn these days and over charge for what they do have.

·
Registered
358 Posts

nice the 3.8 is bad a**!!!
but 04DetroitLS has that beautiful grille, you get that & then it will look pretty much like his!! o & a red bowtie insert!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts