Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thanks so much for the info on the radiator.. well there is another problem there is water or antifreeze inside my car:mad:. I did several checks and I found another problem it seems that my heater core must be mess up. My car won't turn hot when I turn the heater on full blast. Then I see liquid :mad: s*!t on the passenger side on the floor. :confused:Why me:confused: but I got to man up and fixed the problem. If anyone has any idea on how to take the heater core and replace it :biggrin:please don't hesitate. I'm just trying to make it last as long as it can.

P.S.
Oh yeah I order a new radiator but could the heater core make my car spill water from the radiator:confused:?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've never personally done a heater core on these cars, but according to Mitchell you can get to it from under the dash, like there's a cover there. If I were you I'd invest in a manual if you're going to keep doing this stuff.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Oh yeah I order a new radiator but could the heater core make my car spill water from the radiator:confused:?
No, not the way your coolant system is set up. Your radiator is bad and now your heater core is out as well, unusual but can happen that both go bad at the same time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes

I have the book but I must do more research. Okay here it is.
1.:confused: What if temp sensor is mess up what would be the symptoms :confused:
2.:confused: What if heater core mess up what would be the symptoms.:confused:
3.:confused: What if my cooling stuff has air:confused:?
I'm just getting frustrated with this but I can't give up. I must find the cure to the impala :eek: I know i can fix it but I just need to make sure I'm not spending for parts I don't need....GOD...Thank you guys for sharing some light "I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD WISH I HAD THE $ FOR IT 2":frown:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, not the way your coolant system is set up. Your radiator is bad and now your heater core is out as well, unusual but can happen that both go bad at the same time.
You see when we got this car the person told us that they did maintenance on it but when my wife took it to the mechanic they said everything from the spark plugs was the same never been change so I think that now if a problem arrives more than 1 comes with it:frown: so now we are paying the consequences after the company went broke. :mad:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have the book but I must do more research. Okay here it is.
1.:confused: What if temp sensor is mess up what would be the symptoms :confused:
2.:confused: What if heater core mess up what would be the symptoms.:confused:
3.:confused: What if my cooling stuff has air:confused:?
I'm just getting frustrated with this but I can't give up. I must find the cure to the impala :eek: I know i can fix it but I just need to make sure I'm not spending for parts I don't need....GOD...Thank you guys for sharing some light "I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD WISH I HAD THE $ FOR IT 2":frown:
If the heater core is screwed up it leaks on the the carpet, but make sure its antifreeze, because there is a rubber strip under the plastic cover on the cowl that if its not in place it allows water to run down. (Its not very common for a heater core to go bad in Impalas. Its very common for that rubber strip to fall off).

If you have air in the system the car will overheat.

If the coolant temp sensor is screwed up most of the time it'll give you a code and set off a check engine light. But that's a rare problem as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have air in the system the car will overheat.

Is there anyway I can check if it has air in the system?:confused:
Can I fix this or I have to take it to a mechanic?:eek:

:eusa_boohoo:I can't stress how thankful I am for finding this forum and also just for everyone's good attitude towards my problems all I can do is pay it forward and be thankful..:eusa_boohoo:THANKS CHEVY LOVERS

·
Registered
371 Posts
The biggest piece of advice I can give is go out and spend $15 for a service manual. Most auto parts stores carry them, as well as places like Kmart and I think even Meijer and Wally World carry them too.

I got a Haynes manual for my '91 Caprice and it has been worth it's weight in gold to me. Along with some of the experts here! =)

I'd say your heater core is plugged/bad/leaking. Your radiator took a dump and now your heater core is too. No heat, coolant/water on the passenger side floor. Both of those are sure signs of heater core problems. Or at the very least a leaking hose connection at the core.

Go get a manual! :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well

It was antifreeze but since I been leaking fluids I stop putting $15.00 Dex cool on it. I don't run it only if necessary. I have the Service manual but you can always get more information from people with experience with same problems or just experience as mechanics. Before I do anything to it I will go to get it Check out and definitely know what's up. I'll keep y'all post it.:smile:

:cool:ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU CHEVY LOVERS:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sure will :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Came back from car Dr.

So I came back from the car Dr. and the diagnose was that the radiator was crack from the side. but I'm still doing work on the car after the radiator like the heater core if it still leaks like it did.:rolleyes: Well it's not the last time I'm going to be here and I'm definitely going to take pics of all the work I'm doing. I just got me a digital camera just for this forum..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
THANK YOU CHEVY LOVERS

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got pics of radiator replacement

Yeah so I was fixing and taking pictures so now I'm waiting on a 77Impala so hopefully he can guide me on posting the slide show with captions so people can see what I did.:biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts