Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hesitation cannot figure out whats going on.

Hey I am hesitation from my 95 SS. Perhaps it is because it is soo damn cold right now but it has done it before. I just changed out a throttle body with like kind so i know it is not that however it just does it when you barely touch the throttle. and then it is fine. It basically almost dies then catches it self and comes back and does it several time and continues to do it until the throttle goes higher. I took off all the air pump stuff and capped off the air box inlet for it. So im not stumped but preturbed about it i dont like broken things. Im thinking the MAF sensor or perhaps the EGR system or PCV valve.

Here is the audio link for what it does. 01-15-09_2026.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
86 Posts
mines to the same thing

when you find out how to fix it because it does the samething

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hesitation Problem

It could be one of many problems.

1. Ignition timing incorrect.

2. Dirty or clogged fuel injectors.

3. Low fuel pressure.

4.Malfunction in in the emissions or engine control systems.

My recomendation would be to buy a repair manual and troubleshoot step by step. They are worth their weight in gold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a good idea it was the cold weather. Reason being that the cold air was condensing on the wires of the MAF causing it not to read correctly thus causing the hesistation. as far as i know it was that. We will see when there is no salt on the roads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hesitation Problem

I thought of something else. You might have a vacuum leak. Check for that.

Good Luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will check out the vac lines going to the TB since i changed it. I dont think the PCV has ever been changed so ill hop to it. THe thing is that the car is fine when it is not a stinking cold as when it was when it first did it.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
It could be one of many problems.

1. Ignition timing incorrect.

2. Dirty or clogged fuel injectors.

3. Low fuel pressure.

4.Malfunction in in the emissions or engine control systems.

My recomendation would be to buy a repair manual and troubleshoot step by step. They are worth their weight in gold.

O great one.....explain to us how the timing would be incorrect when its computer controlled and designed to not be adjusted..

And when the original poster to this thread gets tired of guessing, PM me or someone else here who knows these cars.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
PSI should be 40-44 psi....they were close. Did it hold pressure or did it bleed off right away? Also, dont go cheap on the pump because you WILL regret it. Stick with ACDelco fuel pump and strainer. MAKE SURE they check all wires on the fuel pump sender, they are very prone to melting and exposing the wires which can lead to a big boom.

·
Registered
86 Posts
well i dont even know where to start on repairing it but I have a friend at chevy that's going to charge me about 150 as long as buy the part. but thanks alot

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill tell u this much, when i bought my SS they had a boat load of recipts for the car and i was thrilled to see alot of problematic parts that already have been replaced. However they went cheap on the OPTI from jegs. So i had to replace that as soon as i completed my exhaust from clear image. all the parts set me back about 330.00 with a new OPTI unit and MSD cap and rotor. so far not a hiccup since other than this. However i know the fuel pump had been replace at about 90k by a mechanic in wheatfield IN. other than the OPTI the car has been a great car however the tune up sucked. :angry8:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts