Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP..... hello i just bought a 96 ss an i would like to make engine modifications to increase HORSEPOWER but have no idea as what to do. The car came with K N headers an no catalic converters thats about it would luv to get as much as 400 plus hp THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
HELP..... hello i just bought a 96 ss an i would like to make engine modifications to increase HORSEPOWER but have no idea as what to do. The car came with K N headers an no catalic converters thats about it would luv to get as much as 400 plus hp THANKS!!!!!
OK, did you post here because you want to go with a forced induction setup? You need to know which direction to go and what your budget is. You can make that HP with a NA car easy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 4 the response men thats a bad ass ss want my engine to look just like that am yeah i want a super charger for sure but am not sure what i should hav done to the engine first b 4 i add it on my brother just slapped a supercharger to his mustang an melted all his pistons the last thing i want to do is mess my baby up

·
Registered
574 Posts
thanks 4 the response men thats a bad ass ss want my engine to look just like that am yeah i want a super charger for sure but am not sure what i should hav done to the engine first b 4 i add it on my brother just slapped a supercharger to his mustang an melted all his pistons the last thing i want to do is mess my baby up
Going to a boosted setup you HAVE to get it tuned correctly. If it melted his pistons that means he went into a lean condition, bad, bad, thing when under boost. To get a supercharger you need to know what you want it for and how much boost you want to run. I have a 6 psi setup, which is good for a stock motor. Once you get to 8-9 psi you should build the internals. Before you do your modifications you need to talk to people more and research all the options.

·
Registered
14 Posts
NRP's Impala SS 94'-96' Procharger Tuner Kit

$4,995.00

55% - 65% HP gains with a intercooled ProCharger System for the Impala SS at 5 lbs-6 lbs of boost!

Complete Impala SS Tuner package includes: P-1SC head unit with all accessories tubing, hosing, brackets, K&N filter, MAF, spark plugs, intercooler, picture CD, supercharger oil, belt, crankshaft pulley and spacer, tensioner, idlers, etc.

Kit can be upgraded to the D-1SC option which is recommended for built engines only capable of running 12-15 Psi.

Note: For the Tuner Kits you will need an upgraded fuel pump, 30/42 lb injectors (depending on blower size) and a custom tune program to run properly. Of coarse we have local tuning available...

Thanks,
Carl

702-499-1222
Nevarez Racing Products
Las Vegas Nevada
e-mail [email protected] or visit us at nevarezracing.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts