Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Impala LTZ and started seeing loss of power over 3K RPMs and some hesitation on take off. Not so bad if I drove like an old lady but really noticed when I would get on it. Eventually got the whole "Service traction control", "reduced engine power" on the display and very rough idle. Limped into the dealership for diag and was told codes showed both catalytic converters where clogged and needed to be replaced at $2500.00.

I ordered OEM catlytic converters and had Meineke install and same issue. Most original codes from before were gone when they ran them but 1 remained for the Cam Shaft Positioning. Had the Cam Positioning Sensor replaced as well. Same issue.

I had already cleaned my throttle body. I wanted to clean the IAC Valve while I had the cover off the engine but did not.

Mechanic is saying to have the dealer re-flash my computer. Said he could do it with Ford and other Makes but not Chevy.

Does anyone know if I have this done it will fix my issue?

·
Registered
172 Posts
If your cam position code is going off and you're having hesitation and power issues, sounds like a timing problem. You may need a new timing chain. I believe another member on here had that issue on a '12 or '13 fairly recently. I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here's the thread: http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-i...-code-p0014-but-thinking-its-evap-system.html
If you got the P0014 or P0024 codes it could very well be your timing chain. It may have skipped a tooth or two on the gears and that could cause the power issues you're having. Alternatively, it could be the computer, but if you're throwing cam position sensor codes.... I'd bet it's related to the timing chain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.