Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did the l26 swap in my 2002 impala ls everything matched up fine got the tb adapter hooked everything up turned key it started about 3 0r 4 times for a few seconds then died. now it wont start period no click from starter or anything. i can hear relay in driver side fuse panel click and crank relay also click when trying to start but nothing. we arked the starter and it turns but no start. no codes. when i turn key on it rolls threw all messages. security does not stay on so i dont think its the pass lock but im stumped......i also changed the ignition tumbler and switch before the swap because i lost the keys. any help would be appreciated as i am out of ideas. the motor is out of a 2006 grand prix if that makes a difference

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its sounds like you either you don't have your neutral safety switch adjusted right or don't have one at all. The pcm thinks its gear. Also you can check your ckp cause that could cause this also.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, but you can unhook the battery for awhile to reset the computer anyway, may even clear up whatever is going on, can't hurt.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i really think this is something to do w/ passlock, usually when it acts up its the same symptoms runs for a few seconds then dies
you tried security relearn (which is a PITA) and CASE learns right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
figured out it was a loose wire going to the ignition switch. started right up and runs great thanks for all the suggestions and help i really appreciate it i would have been lost if it wasnt for this forum.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Not sure how any of us helped you find that, but glad it's fixed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
im having similar problems with my 96 caprice....what wires was it for you that was loose...love to see if its the same wire for me

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an Impala SS 95 and everytime i try to start it up, I crank it and all it does is do a ticking sound. (Like a grandfather clock does.) And when I crank it, it also turns everything off. Completely shuts down. I have 2 sets of keys if I loose one pair. I don't have a gauge because I took it out one day. Sometimes it even quits on me. I was traveling to Tennessee, it shut down the whole vehicle and wouldn't start until like 45 minutes later. The radio, everytime I insert the key, it works sometimes and it doesn't. Like i said already, the Pass. Key Fault light is on and will not go off.

If anyone can help me with this, I'll appreciate it much.
-AJ

·
Registered
58 Posts
1. Check battery....sounds weak;
2. Maybe the battery is ok, but the connections are weak....ensure clean tight connections of battery cables;
3. If battery and connections check-out, try cleaning the BCM connections with electrical motor cleaner (Deoxit is really good).

Let us know if any of these work or not....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts