Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I finally went to a transmission shop to figure out what was causing the jerk/bucking when I take off from a stop and etc. I had Transmission code p0730 “incorrect gear ratio” so they kept my baby for the weekend and they told me that my 1st & 2nd gear was shifting 2 seconds later than it originally should be.... now I have a 2003 Impala Ls 3.8 & had my transmission replaced about a year ago and I told him the transmission I grabbed was from a 3.4 and he’s saying that’s what’s causing it to clunk when taking off and etc because the gear ratios are different....now question is should I get a new pcm to reprogram the shift points & Transmission settings??? If so any suggestions like ZZP or something else?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Any reason you didn't mention having a cel lit in your other three threads? And what's up with disrespecting the police in philly?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t mention it because my check engine is not Lit it doesn’t throw any engine codes because everything engine wise is replaced & as far As Philly I don’t live down there nomore shit is hectic down there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts