Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2010 impala LT with 125,000 miles. I recently had a check engine light come on, I got my scanner out and it came back as the P0010 code. Since then I have replaced the Camshaft Position Actuator Magnet and put fresh 5w-30 full synthetic oil in. The code is still apparent and I am running out of ideas of what this could be. Any advice is appreciated guys, thanks!

·
Registered
838 Posts
A P0010 code refers to the VVT (variable valve timing) or VCT (variable camshaft timing) components and the car's PCM (powertrain control module) That consists of an oil control valve (OCV), also called a solenoid valve and other components. Basically the check engine light and associated P0010 trouble code means that the voltage in the circuit has fallen below a set limit for a specific amount of time (varies by make/model/engine).

Symptoms Symptoms may include: Check Engine Light illuminated (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) Rough running other symptoms may also be present Causes A code P0010 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
Open or short in the VVT/VCT circuit Open or short in the OCV / solenoid valve
Damaged computer (PCM)

Possible Solutions Some recommended troubleshooting and repair steps are: Carefully inspect the Bank 1 VVT/VCT system circuit wiring and connectors, repair as required With a warm engine, test the operation of the OCV, replace/repair as needed

OBD-II Trouble Code: P0010 "A" Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 1)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Check the wiring harness connector wiring that plugs into the sensor for any shorts to ground, to each other, or open circuit.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright so after breaking out the multimeter, I could read that there were about 5.1 ohms of resistance coming from the actuator solenoid itself, and the same came from its connector. I am pretty sure that there were not any shorts and when I turned the key to the on position, i measured around 2.5 volts being ran to the connector. I feel like either the actuator I bought is bad due to such a low ohm resistance or there is a wiring issue because of the low voltage at the connector. Also, I didn't get this check engine light until I got done with about a 3hr road trip, I don't know if that would make a difference or not. If I could get some feedback on this it would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since my last post, I have done some more visual inspections of the problem.I observed the connector to the solenoid itself and it appears that it could be the problem. I could EASILY pull on of the wires all the way out of the back of the connector. I have ordered one from amazon (ACDelco part number pt2075). I hope this fixes it and I will definitely let everyone know if it does or doesn't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
need help locating the camshaft position actuator solenoid valve controls on my 2016 chevy impala gen 8 I think, can someone point me in the right direction? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts