Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Impala Base 3.4 and have recently purchased an HID kit and need to know how to disable the auto-headlight feature. The DRL's are not an issue since I only got the low beam kit. I know about the parking brake applying it will not allow the auto-headlights to come on, I have also seen on a camero forum where you can jump a wire on the light sensor on the dash but don't know if that will work on the impala. I also know about the harness that can be ordered that bypasses the DRL's and auto lights but I need an easy fix. Does the wire jumper work on the Impala's or is there another trick.

Thanks Trey

Check Out My car at:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3228139

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice car man. I am planning on getting some projector headlights like those, but with the black instead of the chrome/mirror. I just installed both low & high beam HIDs yesterday. I also would like to know how to disable or at least bypass the auto-on feature. BUMP!

·
Registered
416 Posts
The halos projectors are pretty much plug and play but make sure to test the LED's and all the functions of the headlamp because the turn signals would not work. I got a set for Christmas and now I am waiting to get the second set sent back to me because the black housing was on backorder.

·
Registered
657 Posts
as far as the turn signals not working on the halos, all you have to do is cut and swith a couple wires. not hard to do at all.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yea the turn signals could have been an easy fix, but i sent them back because something was wrong with the LED's cutting in and out so I just sent them back to them and let them worry about it. Hopefully i will have the new ones next week and I marked the headlamps that i sent back to them so I will know if they just repackaged them and sent them back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to install some LED Halo Projector headlights in my 02 Impala...but am having problems with the turn signals...hazards work fine but if I try use my blinker they just blink really fast on the cluster and the rear blinker...all the bulbs are fine too?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am trying to install some LED Halo Projector headlights in my 02 Impala...but am having problems with the turn signals...hazards work fine but if I try use my blinker they just blink really fast on the cluster and the rear blinker...all the bulbs are fine too?
Is the problem with both of the front signal lights? If so most likely just need to cut and swap the wires for the park and turn signal lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea its both the turn signals...there is 3 wires coming from the turn signal light one being the ground and I have tried connecting the positive wire to both of the other wires to the turn signal and one way doesn't work at all...and the way that the lights actually work the turn signals dont work only hazards...any ideas?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is the problem with both of the front signal lights? If so most likely just need to cut and swap the wires for the park and turn signal lights.
Yep yep i bought a set and had to switch the wires around not hard just cut and switch. Bought mine off ebay prolly why lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts