Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new to this whole forum thing but I figured this would be the best place to get the answers I need. So I just installed 2 Flowmaster Super 10s on my 2012 Chevy Impala LTZ with a resonator delete. Ive heard many different exhausts for v6 impalas on youtube and they all sound great but mine sounds kind of ricey and I HATE it. Any tips on how I can fix this any tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Lol, get rid of the 10's! Of course it sounds ricey!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha yeah most of the other Impalas that I have heard had 40s and they were a little deeper I did like that.

·
Divine Autosound
2,168 Posts
You're right, that DOES sound ricey. Too much rasp, especially at high rpm. I personally like the flowmaster 50 series mufflers. I have a 50 series delta flow dual in dual out on my truck. It is a little mellower than a 40 series. And definitely not as loud.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I know im still looking around trying to find what would be best and I can honestly say I have never heard a 50 series muffler in person so I cannot judge on that but i will most definitely look into it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I have already decided that I am going to scrap those 10s and I want either the 40 Series or the Super 44s now which one is better? Which one is louder? Will I get any better performance out of them?

·
Registered
913 Posts
So I have already decided that I am going to scrap those 10s and I want either the 40 Series or the Super 44s now which one is better? Which one is louder? Will I get any better performance out of them?
Do you want loud or a deeper tone? The super 44's are a bit deeper than the 40's, but your drone might be a bit worse.

IF you see an increase in performance it won't be much. Even us v8 people don't see much of an increase in performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I thought I wanted louder thats why I got the super 10s but I guess loud is just ricey on my car so im going for deeper. But I havent done tips on my exhaust yet because I knew I was prolly going to have to swap my mufflers so Im just going to change those out and when I get the sound I like i will keep it. Yea I think I may try the 40s if the 44 has a bad drone.

·
Cucky
662 Posts
what are you going to do with your 10's? and what i experienced with my exhaust when i first got my 44's put in is that it took a few thousand miles for that to go away and the tone got a lot deeper too. but yeah it was the worst at high rpm's...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you think they will eventually break in after awhile or is that really a not sure to tell thing? And if I get rid of my 10s idk what im going to do with them lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright cool man thanks much appreciation but If I do decide to change them out after awhile Ill post some more vids soon

·
Registered
17 Posts
What size is the pipe going into the resonator I wanted to order a y pipe but didn't know what size the pipe was 21/2 or 3" I know I'm putting 21/2 from there I got the dynomax vts anyone heard them on the 2012's yet?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts