Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant get aholda the guy i need help from right now so if ne1 else can help heres my Q

ok so the piece with the screens on it that goes into the back of the new intake kit is circle but the old elbow piece that goes into the intake manifold is egg shaped. did u have to go buy a new piece or what? do u have more pics to help ,me get it on the please?

this black elbow piece i put a purple box around for u to c. did u cut it to fitr n if so which part? im really confused help please

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...018_medium.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
i cant get aholda the guy i need help from right now so if ne1 else can help heres my Q

ok so the piece with the screens on it that goes into the back of the new intake kit is circle but the old elbow piece that goes into the intake manifold is egg shaped. did u have to go buy a new piece or what? do u have more pics to help ,me get it on the please?

this black elbow piece i put a purple box around for u to c. did u cut it to fitr n if so which part? im really confused help please

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...018_medium.jpg
Me too dude. We're not charged by the character anymore. =)

Please type out what your last line was in full.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok this is where im stuck im tryna figure out how this guy http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3316123 got his dual air intake set up the way he did. where im stuck at is what did he do with the piece in the pic i posted below to get it to go into the front of the intake manifold and then into the back of the cold air intake. did he cut it at a certain spot??? im so stuck at this point ill even put my phone number out there so if u dont quite understand what im sayin i can explain it better 707-315-5500. any ideas?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hmm.. now I don't have much experience with LT-1's but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Looks liek the intake has an oval shaped opening and your CAI has a circular one, right? And that's the problem?

It looks to me that he took the elbow that you're holding and cut it maybe an inch or 2 to the right of your thumb. Then that cut side attached to your intake using the same style metal band clamp. The other (uncut) end also attached to your CAI using a similar metal band clamp.

Or perhaps he went to an auto parts store and found a short piece of collapsible hose to use. I can't tell. Will that work?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was thinking also. but the plug for the sensor is on the other side soooooooooo it looks like he pulled it out and stuck it on the top? now how do u think he did that? just cut a hole in the top and stuck it on in there? thanks for the help i appreciate it

·
Registered
371 Posts
It looks so yes. Either that or he drilled/cut a nice hole and kind of fabricated a new socket for the sensor to go into.

Good luck. I think you're on the right track!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now i just gotta get my intake manifold scraped put the new gasket on and put the intake manifold back on there. just hope i remember where all the hoses and wires go:eusa_pray: then hook up my dual air intake and put a new gasket on my oil filter adapter annnnndddddddddddddd ill b rollin again...................cant wait :biggrin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i figured it out and tommorow i gotta go get a couple hoses that broke after doin my manifold but as soon as i get em and clean oput my engine bay again ill post pics:cool:

·
Registered
741 Posts
^^^Point taken. I wondered what people did for the hole up front and was questioning the filters quality as well. Glad to hear from someone who has been there done that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts