Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to give me any help,tips or suggestions on my new exhaust setup.
I'm most likely going to go with the flowmaster 17118 american thunder cat back system mainly for the price, but i also like the flowmaster sound and minimal interrior noise....I really want headers, but i dont have $1000 to spend of them right now, so i'm most likely going to get the raw finished Tri-Y’s from focuz tech in their scratch and dent sale for $375. As far as the headers go, i do want the bolt in ones so what do i need to do about the hook up pipes? Im in good with a local garage back in pa where my car is registered so passing inspection and emissions test will not be a problem, The options at focuz tech are 1. extended hook up pipes without converters for $90.00. 2. Extended hook up pipes, no converters, with cut-outs for $275.00. 3. Extended hook up pipes without cats with low profile electric cutouts for $525.00. 4. Catalytic hook pipes with magnaflow high flow converters for $315.00. 5. Catalytic hook pipes with black cat stainless core hi-flow converters. Also they have free options for free air hook up and egr hook up...what do these mean or effect and what are cut outs??? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i say quite frankly go with the exhaust system from clear image, granted it is expensive however the quality they produce is sooo much better than focuztech and your car wont sound like any other either. Everyone has flowmasters and magnaflos. Be different and have a borla spintech something different set yous self from the crowd be noticed. I absolutely love their exhaust expensive yes but tottally worth it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i already am different i have a 1995 dggm impala ss its very rare for me to even see one of these let alone see a crowd of them. Im sorry but the price difference for sound and what imo can't be that much better quality just is not worth it for me right now. I appreciate your suggestions. I looked at your pictures and noticed you have no intake mods...did you do anything to the computer? Has there been any issues or problems since adding the exhaust and not modding air/fuel systems?

·
Registered
75 Posts
no the car has ran flawlessly, it is going to be heavily modded, i have an lt1 out of a 97 TA that has aluminum heads it will be high compression prolly 11.5 to 1 on 93 octane. Along with a few other things. for now it will remain resonably stock. The car runs better gets better mileage sounds fantastic. I will have a 52 mm throttle body soon, intake and some different rockers for now. it is your car and you need to make it your way so thats understandable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts