Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I am in the early process of replacing one of my oil cooler lines on my car and I cant figure out how to get the line off..

I removed both C-clip looking things off each end but the line will not move at all and I dont want to break anything

here is the line

here is the cooler

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that and the whole cooler bracket started to bend...

even after dousing the fitting with PB blaster..

I'm off work tomorrow so I will try again

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update... tried again this past Saturday to replace the leaky line...

got the side where it goes above the oil filter off and when I tried to snake it through the core support the other side twisted down and cracked the cooler.. :bang:

ended up taking off both lines and ripped them out of the busted cooler and then I took off the adapter and replaced the oil filter..

no more leaks but then again no more oil cooler... oh well :beer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi majestic 9c1!!! are you still out there??? i wanted to ask you (3 years later) if your "bypassed engine oil cooler connector" job is still holding up your engine after all those miles...great to know if you get this message to conclude???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update... tried again this past Saturday to replace the leaky line...

got the side where it goes above the oil filter off and when I tried to snake it through the core support the other side twisted down and cracked the cooler.. :bang:

ended up taking off both lines and ripped them out of the busted cooler and then I took off the adapter and replaced the oil filter..

no more leaks but then again no more oil cooler... oh well 🍺
3 years later!!! is that engine still running?.. would like to know if possible?..im in the same situation...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with the above. Only the police model comes with the engine oil cooler because they spend hour idling and often get abused. For everyday use I am sure it will be ok to bypass the oil cooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts