Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the car a week ago needed battery was what I was told so I bought it. Once car started I noticed that the throttle trigger needed a bolt but I don't know where or the name of

Attachments

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Can you shrink that pic down so we can see it? I think I might be looking at the side of a carburetor, but I'm not totally sure...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Pic

I too would like a better pic, however it looks like it's a clip, not a bolt you need on that linkage. A better pic would help.

Jeff

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wait, now that I'm on my phone I can see it. That's for the cruise control, and yes it should be a clip, not a bolt. Any auto parts store will have packages of them. I think a carb rebuild kit would also have it. Bottom line though, since its for the CC, it should effect anything other than the CC.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
On my phone it shrinks to screen size, I could see the linkage go back to the vacuum diaphragm.

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
I'd call that a C-clip. Wikipedia calls them a retaining ring. On this picture, Top Center and Top Right are the types commonly used on these linkages.

The ones that are springier are often known as Jesus Clips. Mainly because when they spring off and go flying past your face you shout, "Jeezus!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts