Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, Im intrested in a underdrive pulley set up for my impala. Ive looked a few websites and cannot find nothing. Can anybody give me some direction on the best place. And any pro or cons would be helpful. Also what bang for the buck upgrade would be next. Thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
March makes the pulley's you are looking for. It gives zero gains as far as power, put your money somewhere else. They pretty much cause more problems than they are worth. ...And before you ask, DON'T get an airfoil either. Do some research. ...PCM tune, exhaust work, cold-air intake, gears, valve spring's, roller rockers.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. I have already done a cold air kit , headers, with flowmasters, just looking for another up grade. Thinking about a gear change in the future. Any ideas would be helpful to put my impala in the rite direction. THANKS:cool:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Ok thanks. I have already done a cold air kit , headers, with flowmasters, just looking for another up grade. Thinking about a gear change in the future. Any ideas would be helpful to put my impala in the rite direction. THANKS:cool:

Whats is your budget? What are you looking to gain? How many miles on it and what year?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 1995 impala SS with 149000 miles my budget is flexable except for a turbo thats for after i win the lottery!!!! Just looking for some ideas on how to improve power. Thank you for the reply.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
New valve springs, roller rockers, and a PCMFORLESS tune. A full 2.5 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is one advantage to the underdrive crank pulley, and that is because it can prolong the life of your power steering pump if you do any kind of road racing. One thing though, you will need to get an alternator OVERDRIVE pulley to compensate for the slower belt rotation. It really doesn't give much power back to the engine, but it does help your engine rev a bit quicker since it doesn't have as much bogging it down. What kind of headers did you get? What kind of cold air intake? Have you done a full 2.5" catback exhaust yet? The other fellas are correct about the PCM tune. But if you are going to switch out gears, I would recommend 3.42s if you drive your car everyday. 3.73s are more popular, I've got them on my car, but if you run on the freeway at all, you will want the 3.42s because you will save a little fuel by lowering the engine rpms at freeway speeds. I wouldn't do the PCM tune until you've done the exhaust, gears, etc. That way you can get it all done at once. Check out www.pcmforless.com. Bryan is an excellent tuner for these cars.

-ImpalaMan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts