Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 93 Caprice LTZ and I noticed that my left side, rear tire suspension is sagging. I replaced the shocks and that didn't cure it.

Can this be the coil springs and if so, which can I put on that won't raise my car after installation.

I know that if I install the OEM's that my rear end will ride high for a long time which I don't like and I also don't want to drop it, just to make it look even with the front.

I have the stock rims and tires still which are 235/70/15 and keeping it stock....

If you need more info on my car, let me know.....thank you once again.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Unless the shocks are air shocks, shocks do not affect the ride height. The ride height on your car with conventional shocks is determined by the coil spring. The LTZ shock is way bigger and harder then the 9c1 or impala. Getting a set of used springs from a caprice or impala would even you our and bring you down a bit.

I remember measuring the length of the 3 springs side by side and damn, the LTZ caprice springs were huge compared to the length of the other 2.

Depending on the springs you get, get 2 new rear shocks for that application (9c1 spring get 9c1 length shocks,impala springs get impala length shocks) If I remember correctly, there IS a diff in length of shocks per application on the rear, the front remain the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I didn't know all that, wow. I guess I should just buy the LTZ's Moog regular rear springs then since I just changed the rear shocks and I really don't wanna change them again for the Impala springs, they are a pain.

Would you or anyone know if the rear end will ride HIGH with the Moog stock replacements or will they look like I have air-bags in the back???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts