Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this afternoon I am getting ready to go to school and everything is okay. Now when I get to school, I can't get my key turned to the OFF position and is stuck between OFF and ACC. After a few minutes of wiggling, I get the key to turn to OFF. After I'm done with school, I come back and try to start my car the the ignition is stuck and I'm not able to turn my key. The steering wheel is not locked. I can not get out of park. I have tried both the original key and a spare. I've been trying to get the key to turn for the last hour. Someone help please. This is my only vehicle and I can't afford to miss work and school.

Edit:

Do you think it could be an electrical problem because last week my wipers wouldn't go off and they were stuck in the up position. This happens on and off when I use them. Not sure what the problem is here either.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't know what your experience is, but they're kind of a pain in the ass. I also don't know off the top of my head how much. Check with the dealer, for the price of a lock cylinder, and having them code it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
A new ignition cylinder will run you about 200 dollars just for the cylinder because it comes with the pass lock sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts