Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:WTF::cool:I got a pair of black depo headlights, it just uses the regular bulbs from the stock headlight, but parking lights and high beam doesnt work:bang::bang: (only low beams work). Is there a way around this? All input is greatly appreciated!

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Im guessing this is referencing a w body impala since you forgot to mention what kind of car you own. LOL:eek:k3:

Anyway, what kind of issues are you having? If they are not lighting up, then i can assume its electrical. If you are having an issue with getting them to go inside the light assembly, from my recent experience, the aftermarkets seems to build the parking light housing a little too small for the socket to go in. If that is your case, just grab a file, and file down the socket just enough to fit snug into the housing.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
it's a 2010, sorry lol! they fit perfect, the parking lights and flashers dont light up. =(
Is it a stock replacement or something like a halo light, I've read that in some cases you have to reverse the polarity of the signals/flashers on the aftermarket/NON-oem headlamps.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Try plugging your stockers back in just to see if everything works, you may have gotten bad headlamps. This will also help point you in the rite direction to fixing it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking i may have gotten some bad ones as well, the stocks work fine after reconnecting them back....ill have to get in contact with the seller of those headlights then, thanks so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts