Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I am installing new speakers in my LS. I have Premium sound so it has an amp. I need to know if I need anything else or am forgetting something.

I am installing:

Polk DXi6500 6.5s for the front
Polk DXi690 6x9s for the back
Polk PA 660 amp

Is it plug and play or do I need other things. I heard if I don't wanna cut up my factory harness, I need the Metra DW 4568SH adapter. Is that true? I really want to get this done tonight, but by the end of the weekend I want it done. Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry I wasnt around earlier in the week to respond to this, but if you do not know by now you have a few options to install after market speakers in your car.

They way I did it was, I did not cut into the factory speaker harnesses because they are not necessary if you are using a after market amp, so you can bypass the stock amp. I removed mine and hid the wiring from it in the frame. So I just ran my speaker wire from the amp to the speakers. I wasnt very patient and I just ran it under the trim and into the door panels with out hiding it or anything. Lemme know if you have any questions or I can post some pictures if you so need.

·
Registered
121 Posts
said item was removed but,
Is it a dual amp wiring kit or what? If I remember you already have a sub and amp installed.

But the 4 channel RCAs are useful if you have a 4 channel amp, I just have a 2 channel and wired all 4 speakers out of that.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a mono amp hooked to my Type R 12. I have a 4 channel Polk PA660 for my speakers. Here's the description of the above:

KICKER 09ZCK44 CAR 4GA 1000W AMP INSTALL KIT 4CH RCAS

Complete 4 Gauge Z-Series 4-Channel Amplifier Installation Kit
1000 Watts max
Direct-connect engineering
Fewer connections for less signal distortion
Twisted-pair technology eliminates noise for crystal clear sound
Hyper-flex cable and wire
Full spec cable is true to gauge
Kit includes:

20ft(6.1m) Blue 4AWG power wire
3ft(0.9m) Black 4AWG ground wire
20ft(6.1m) Silver 18AWG remote lead wire
16.4(5m) Blue, black, and gray 4 Channel RCA cable
60ft(18.2m) Blue and gray 16AWG speaker cable
1 Kicker 09FHS Fuse holder with 100 amp AFS fuse
Black rubber firewall grommet
2 4AWG Spade terminals
5 16AWG Spade terminals
4 Female quick disconnect connectors
Black zip ties
Red butt connector

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah your gonna need those 4 channel RCAs but as far as everything else goes you can either buy a new kit or just get a dual amp kit which will come with a distribution block to run 2 power cables out of the one, which is what I did. or just buy that one and run it through the batter as well as the other amp.

·
Registered
121 Posts
No, I wouldnt. It would probably under power your new speakers.

Sorry if Im confusing you, Im probably pretty bad at explaining things. Ill take a few pictures and show you what I did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts