Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple days ago i installed a JVC KW-AVX710 double din in my 2004 impala. My first issue of concern is the fitting of the unit. It's completely installed as of right now and whenever the car turns on/off it tilts, and when it tilts it hit the lower woodgrain molding around the dash of the cd player. This in turn doesn't allow the unit to tilt so it hits the woodgrain and goes back to the position it was in. Im impartial to cutting the dash of the car if its visible but will cut the inside of it ( in the pocket where the unit is ) if necessary. As of right now the unit is as far back as it'll go so im having a hard time figuring out what i can do to get this to fit properly. Any ideas or help is appreciated.

I've also noticed a decrease in volume on my stock speakers/amplifier since i installed the new unit. I had installed the GMOS-04 Adapter with the unit which is suppose to keep the stock amplifier enabled so i am a little confused to why this has happened.

And finally it'd like to know if anybody knows how to bypass the stock amplifier on this year impala to upgrade the stock one.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
alright, if you want to look in my garage, you can verify this. its all in the mounting kit... all you need to do is get a kit with a bigger lip...making the dd stick out a little farther, and as to the amp. i just cut out the stock amp and used the metrik 1400 to amplify the highs and mids.:rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts