Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey impala fans

I just pulled my 2011 impala out of the garage after doing a tune up. While under the hood I replaced the camshaft magnet also. When I went in my garage to sweep up I found this plastic trophy cup shaped object on the ground.

Part of me thinks I’ve seen this under my hood but I’m not exactly sure where. Can anyone tell me what this is?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Hey impala fans

I just pulled my 2011 impala out of the garage after doing a tune up. While under the hood I replaced the camshaft magnet also. When I went in my garage to sweep up I found this plastic trophy cup shaped object on the ground.

Part of me thinks I’ve seen this under my hood but I’m not exactly sure where. Can anyone tell me what this is?
I looked around on my 2013, but couldn't find it. That said, I think the 2011 has a different engine, and hence different stuff around it.

As I recall, on my other Impalas, there's a plastic tank with a forked foot on the bottom that slides into the groove on this thing. Maybe on passenger side inner fender. So there would be a bolt there to mount it on, too, I think.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked around on my 2013, but couldn't find it. That said, I think the 2011 has a different engine, and hence different stuff around it.

As I recall, on my other Impalas, there's a plastic tank with a forked foot on the bottom that slides into the groove on this thing. Maybe on passenger side inner fender. So there would be a bolt there to mount it on, too, I think.

Doug

Doug thanks for the reply. This goes under the overflow tank. I removed that to replace the cam magnet. You didn’t nail it but you got so close! Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts