Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got my 96 a few days ago but the starter is dead and i cant really find where it is.. i just bought a new one today figuring itd be easy to replace but i was looking for it for like 30 mins. so.. the big question where is iT located?

·
Registered
574 Posts
well i just got my 96 a few days ago but the starter is dead and i cant really find where it is.. i just bought a new one today figuring itd be easy to replace but i was looking for it for like 30 mins. so.. the big question where is iT located?
It is located on the passanger side on the engine, under the exhaust manifold. You have to get under the car to change it. If you have never done that procedure before you might want to take it somewhere and have a professional do it. Although, it is an easy job. Get a repair manual to help you.

Are you sure it is the starter???

Also where are you located? Maybe someone here will know a good place in your area to help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is located on the passanger side on the engine, under the exhaust manifold. You have to get under the car to change it. If you have never done that procedure before you might want to take it somewhere and have a professional do it. Although, it is an easy job. Get a repair manual to help you.

Are you sure it is the starter???

Also where are you located? Maybe someone here will know a good place in your area to help.
after an hour of searching online i finally found where it is thx. im one of the type of pplz who will find out how to do it myself. i havent really ever worked on cars.. but i got my baby runnin again :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
after an hour of searching online i finally found where it is thx. im one of the type of pplz who will find out how to do it myself. i havent really ever worked on cars.. but i got my baby runnin again :)

Good deal and congrats! That is the best way to learn about these cars, research and do it yourself. I do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts