Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Z
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2003 impala, the internal alarm made it to where i can not start my car, everything else works fine, radio, windows, etc... went to the car dealership and they informed me it wouild be 750 to reset the system well i do not have 750 for anything at the moment, ive heard all kinds of ways to reset it , from opening and closing doors, to un hooking the batteri for 10 min etc... some how the car is unable to get gas when i try to start it, there must be a relay swithch i can reset or something, i have a friend who is very good with cars, i just need to know what to tell him to do and hell do it, so anyone have any ideas or even a decent priced place i can go to get this reset, thanks have a good one

·
Registered
657 Posts
how did this happen? what made it occur? do you get the security message in the mesage center? could be a number of things.

·
Registered
557 Posts
you'll have to turn your key on without starting the car, and leave it on for about 30 mins.
However, impala's are known for having back passlock sensors in the ignition lock cyl, that might be why your bill would be $750 (even though I think that's too high)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2002 Chevy impala

I have a 2002 Chevy impala I had to put a new starter. In and a new battery my car turns over but won't start ..........My security light is on i need to reset it I tried. The technique of having my car in the on position for 10 miss den off for 20 sec den on for 30 minutes but off for 2 sec neither work what can I do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts