Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I'm having a devil of a time finding a fuel tank sending unit specific to our MFI 94-96 wagons.
This GM 25028957 part, not to be confused with #19111401 (FLS1020), is
especially for the 22 gallon tank and fits like a glove with the unique baffle we have in our tanks.
Anything different and the float arm rubs against the baffle, gets stuck, and delivers a constant, unwavering reading (that's bad).
I've been going around and around with the local independent parts dealer, and his dealer parts guy. They deliver me the 19111401 AC/Delco part only it does not fit!
I'm near desperate now with three attempts involving dropping the tank. An Ohm meter only goes so far as to verify whether the sucker works electrically. It does nothing to tell if
the unit is sitting correctly in the tank. That's where the LED flashlight and eyeballs come in.
I suppose for some odd reason, space aliens maybe, the baffle in my tank could have shifted, but why? Dash gauge works fine with the new units I've tried. Move the float arm and the needle moves.
Is anyone parting out a wagon in Tucson or Phoenix that could take pity on this poor soul and have a part a a fair price? Heck, I'll help remove the part since I'm getting pretty good at it now.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: fuel sending unit:GmPartsDirect

Ben,
I sent GmPartsDirect.com an email yesterday. They responded within 24 hours.
Their reply was a little terse.
Spent a few minutes looking at other discussion groups and feedback for this outfit.
Mostly not good.
High shipping fees, no phone number, and long wait times on special orders. Posts over a four year period kept saying the same things. Nothing got better. Hit and miss experiences. I am trying Rock Auto www.rockauto.com. Gave them a phone call. Very professional. Kind of scary professional.They claim to have the actual part sitting in a warehouse in N.Y. I'll see it in five biz days. Yes, I paid more, like $80.00 more, but from what I am hearing the shipping charges are inflated by GMPD anyway. We'll see. The weekly car rental charges are killing me. I'd rather drive my LT1 than look at it.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out with the research on the part.
I'll let you all know how it goes.
Scott

This place has it, but is expensive.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

At the top left hand corner, enter the part number 25028957. They seem to have it.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Hi everyone.

I'm having a devil of a time finding a fuel tank sending unit specific to our MFI 94-96 wagons.
This GM 25028957 part, not to be confused with #19111401 (FLS1020), is
especially for the 22 gallon tank and fits like a glove with the unique baffle we have in our tanks.
Anything different and the float arm rubs against the baffle, gets stuck, and delivers a constant, unwavering reading (that's bad).
I've been going around and around with the local independent parts dealer, and his dealer parts guy. They deliver me the 19111401 AC/Delco part only it does not fit!
I'm near desperate now with three attempts involving dropping the tank. An Ohm meter only goes so far as to verify whether the sucker works electrically. It does nothing to tell if
the unit is sitting correctly in the tank. That's where the LED flashlight and eyeballs come in.
I suppose for some odd reason, space aliens maybe, the baffle in my tank could have shifted, but why? Dash gauge works fine with the new units I've tried. Move the float arm and the needle moves.
Is anyone parting out a wagon in Tucson or Phoenix that could take pity on this poor soul and have a part a a fair price? Heck, I'll help remove the part since I'm getting pretty good at it now.

Thanks,

Scott

The lowest price in my neck of the woods as far as genuine ac delco was about $350, figure s/h of maybe 8-10 bucks more. The price on GMPD is very cheap if they can actually get it. Not sure how they do it for almost $100 cheaper than me since I almost pay cost on parts because of my arrangement with GM.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Because people who dont know about these cars or where to find certain parts will buy them first chance they get from anyone anywhere if the part is needed. I try to give the lowest price I can and even ship things if I feel the person will benefit from me doing so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts