Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Impala SS and I like to race it at the local drag strip I have a few mods to the car that include debadging, tint, Cold air intake, Strut tower bars, magnaflow cat back exhaust and PCM tune from trifectaperformace. My best 1/4 mile time is 14.432 and my best eighth which I posted just two weeks ago is 9.1 I hope to run in the low 14's next time I go to the track I invested in some drag radials and still been feeling them out. I love my car it is a real kick in the pants. If you live around Boise drop me a line and we will go racing some weekend. I will be posting up picture soon in the garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah debadging sorry. What I meant by that was I took the GM cicklets off the fenders. I also removed the big gold bowties off the back and front. I replaced the grill bowtie with and SS which I think looks a lot better and ties it back to the old SS's like our Chevelle. I do wish I could get some center caps for the stock wheels to replace the bowties with SS's

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cool. I wanted to do that when I bought my 96 back in 97. Found is sitting on the lot new, nobody wanted a RWD in the winter in Minnesota.
The only Chevrolet badging on it was the grill.
When I first saw these cars, i was along side of one and couldnt see the grill and didnt know what it was. Well in 95 I saw one sitting at the chev dealership in my neighborhood and checked it out.
A year or 2 later they had a 94 used for 22k or a new one (96)for 24k. No brainer.
I loved it because nobody that I knew what the hell it was. I later wanted to replace the grill insert, because I'm not a big fan of the bowtie symbol, but nothing else looks right. To me, that means dont mess with it yet. Something in the future will tell me whats right.

·
Registered
140 Posts
pssssst.... "S" inst a vowel :biggrin:

HAHAHAHA I was gonna post that. Is that St. Thomas Dragway in your picture? Looks like it. Hit me up and we can go race. It's my home track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts