Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Hello !

I'm Austin and I just bought my first B-Body car, a 1995 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1. It has a little over 120k, but it is the LS1 with a G80 in the back. The car was originally a Utah State Trooper until the only officer that ever drove it, wrecked it. Wasn't bad but he spun into a barbed wire fence trying to catch up to somebody and the department just gave him a new ford :eek: and the car was bought at auction from Mark at 9C1.com or capricecars.com. Then Mark sold the car to NBC where they painted it with brown house paint and the art department took a hammer to the front fenders and headlights (you know to make it look like a junker ?). The car was featured and used for all of two minutes and sold back to Mark. I came in I bought it and I have been working on restoring it to it's original and hopefully better than original state.

The reason I got into these cars was my buddy Bruce took me autocrossing in his 94 SS and I fell in love with them since.

Future plans include Bodywork, RAISS system, Pypes x pipe and some other exhaust pieces, coolant bypass, air pump delete, get the spotlight working, wigwags, cop center console, PA system, and new speakers.

This place looks great, I can't wait to learn more about my new car and can't wait to add to the community !

By the way the pictures below were when I was inbetween stripping the brown latex off the car, and I have since finished that job :smile:

-A

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Austin,

Welcome! Looks like you ahve a good project there. This is a good place to get information and ideas.

Jim

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
U GOTA GOOD YEAR I AHVE A 95 ALSO BUT URS NEEDS A LITTLE MORE WORK THAN MINE ( THAT PAINT MUST OF BEEN A BIT*H TO GET OFF ) WELCOME:wink:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I saw that car a few times at marks shop, NBC intentionally beat it up to make it look like a junker for the show. There is a long story to it that I will not get into here.

I do know it was a pretty tight car and had options typical units do not. Have fun with your project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the kind words guys, a car isn't fun unless it takes me a lot of work to get it exactly where I want it, and this one will take me all of that. To comment on someone that said it had a lot of options it sure does,

LT1
Power Windows
Power Locks
Power Mirrors
G80 Posi
Cruise

And of course all of the goodies that 9C1's came with. Thanks !

-Austin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts