Impala Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my name is bryan i just bought a 2008 impala 3.9l v6 its dedicated cng aka compressed natural gas it has 65k miles its a dark brown its lt no leather tho btw the active fuel mangement already disable due to having dedicated cng its been on cng since 2k miles in 08 use to be owned by state of oklahoma idk what department tho lol very clean car except where someone decided to key the passenger side sad but itll buff out but does have a spot where i need to touch but i need to know how do i know what rpo code in the trunk is the paint code? btw im not new to gm vehicles just new to cng car

·
Super Moderator
10,954 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would like to see some photos of the CNG conversion that was done. Under hood, tank position etc etc.
Any idea about what your range is on a full tank(s) and what is the availability of filling stations for you.

I have a propane truck that I have had for years. Used to be you could find propane just about anywhere, now the stations are few and far between and I have to watch my tank level pretty closely now as my nearest station is 20km away. I really could not tell you if there was a CNG station around. Some city buses have CNG conversions of their diesels but their filling station is at the bus barns.

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awsome thanks for the reply i have to go to work but when i get a chance ill take pictures i do not under hood looks normal/stock and oklahoma is plentiful of cng stations there is one bout 5 miles from me and next one is 30 miles from me i believe if driving hiway i get 230-250 miles i do believe but i gotta double check ihave total cap. of 10 gge between the two tanks

·
Premium Member
18,508 Posts
Welcome! :beer: Can't wait for pics! :nerd

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Welcome :) The CNG Impala sounds awesome! Wonder if a dyno could tell us the power differences between it and gasoline.

·
Super Moderator
10,954 Posts
It would be lower. Propane is less than gas by a bit and NG is less than propane. Colder flame.
There is still an ecm reprogram I am sure but, colder flame is less energy.
If you lose 15% and your costs are 50% less it's a win.... I think.
And,,,,,the greenies are happy and that's what really matters....... apparently.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
from my research cng is 130 octane and ya they change the timing in pcm for the cng system im off this weekend i should by this weekend get yall some pics

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got pictures but need helpposting i dont understand the sticky piost bout pics.... im connect my smart phone to my lap top and lap top shows my pics but dont know how to get off laptop to this site...

·
Registered
699 Posts
The easiest way to post pics is to download the photobucket app and store your pics there. Make a folder for yourself labeled Impala or car or what have you, then upload all of your car related pics to it. PB has it set up where you can link right to this or any forum to post your pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.