Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New 2016 Chevy Impala Limited LTZ owner, first Chevy! Has 45k miles, previously a rental car. Had a mechanic check it out and didn't have major issues: 1 front hub bearing replaced, front tires wearing a little unevenly (rotated), and secured a heat shield back in place. I still hear two distinct noises from the back when going over bumps, a clank and a squeak. Was hoping the heat shield fix would take care of that, but will have to try to diagnose that further. The mechanic checked the suspension and said it's ok.

Planning to get some experience in little fixes whenever this car needs something (major things I'll have to go to mechanic), as well as some minor mods. Hoping to keep this car longer than I have kept cars previously, a few hundred K's I'm hoping for keeping her going over time. Getting involved on this forum and posting when I have anything useful to contribute.

Looks like a great community here!

Thanks,
Deonild

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Deonlid - welcome to the forum! These cars are far from perfect, but the common issues that they do have are relatively minor and easy to fix. To get you started with your current issue, check out this thread:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.impalaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822097&share_tid=1822097&share_fid=90910&share_type=t

Hope that helps!
That does help! I plan to get under there and check everything out soon. Can't easily do it on side of street in Chicago, but have relatives close with garage I can use.

Including a few pics. All I've done so far is chrome exhaust tips (from autozone) and had 35% tint installed, Rayno S9.

-Deonild

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Welcome to the Impala Forum @Deonild
Sweet looking Impala you have there.
Definitely check the rear sway bar links and bushings for the cause of your rear end noise.

Reactions: Deonild

·
Super Moderator
18,499 Posts
Welcome!! :beer:

Kudos for posting pics without me hounding you!! I didn't even need my meds!!

:D

Nice 'Pala! :eek:k3:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Welcome!

Beautiful car.

Sometimes when I go over really rough pavement or bumps, I hear a high-pitched squeak coming from inside the car. I discovered it's the little metal bar on the top that is used as a latch for the fold down rear seat, specifically the passenger side one. It's what holds the seat back up and prevents the seat from folding down by itself. It's easily remedied by just wiggling it a little and it goes away. It'll come back eventually, but then just wiggle it again.

If the sound is coming from inside your car, I'd look there.

If the sound is coming from outside your car, I agree with @04Imp38 and look at the sway bar links and bushings!

Reactions: tonyc712000
1 - 6 of 6 Posts