Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, Im glad there is a website that shares love for the impala like I do. Hope to have a great time on here looking forward to hearing from all of you enthusiests out there. I have been givin a 67 Impala from my dad when I was a young boy and I have always dreamed of fixing it up but I had to do so many other things besides work on it. Well Im now 23 and Im tired of waiting to make my dream happen. The car is in great shape for a project. My dad is a long time collector/engine builder and a major pack rat, so I will have to dig out all the parts from all over the barn. The car is a roller body right now stored away in an old barn. The car is an original 67 impala. 2My dad wanted to make a SS427 Clone since 1977, so he has 99% of the SS427 parts. I have the tripower intake, 427 block, SS427 Hood which I burned up in a garage fire that I started when I was 4 (oops). It is a little warped but hopefully there is a metal guy out there that can fix it for me. Im going to put a built 4 speed muncie. Im going to do a close to original as possible except for modern upgrades like staggered Rims/tires (torq's) and a cd player. Upgraded hotchkis suspension components, poly bushings all 4 disc brakes.
Well I will try to get pics of my project when I get it started. I am buying a house right now and will be a couple of months until I dig it all out and put in a new garage.
Well hope to hear from some of you guys soon!

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Welcome to the Impala Forum. Sounds like a very fun project you have. The hood should be able to be salvaged if it does not have to much rust. Do keep us informed as to how the project is coming along. And do not hesitate to post a question about your project when you run into one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts