·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
These 10th gens are such good looking cars

·
Registered
306 Posts
Got my bowties wrapped yesterday, came out great!

When I did them on my Silverado I used a hair dryer that worked pretty well. But on these I used a heat gun and that made a huge difference defiantly worth getting one to do these.

I also got my 194 floor LED's and a large led panel for the trunk

My biggest worry for you on vinyl on those emblems. Is if you’re in cold climate, any moisture/water from washing the car or water in general gets under the vinyl and freezes it’s going to lift the vinyl off the emblem.

I’m guessing u have extra vinyl left over just hold onto it Incase that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I had them like that on my Silverado for almost 2.5 years never had a issue. Just have to use quality vinyl

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I got this yesterday, now it matches my SS!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally, I think I'd leave the bowtie and paint, dip or vinyl it black or white (anything is better than the ugly gold!). I took everything off of the back of my 2012 *except* for the bowtie - I just think it looks better with it...

This is what the rear end of my 2012 looks like without the flux-fuel and "Impala LT" badge (with tinted tails though):

I think removing the entire bowtie takes away a little too much. Just my opinion, of course...

Sent from my TbooK 16 Pro(E5C8) using Tapatalk
Where did you get that part above your exhaust tips? Sorry I don't remember the name, but it looks so good.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Where did you get that part above your exhaust tips? Sorry I don't remember the name, but it looks so good.
We call it a "valance" and it's actually something that we custom designed here on the ImpalaForums! If you are interested in reviewing the whole "design process", it starts here in my mod thread:
http://www.impalaforums.com/recent-mods-weekly-updates/572514-jt-s-2012-impala-lt-mod-thread-30.html#post2736697

After we came up with the final design, I then sent those pictures to a local "Tint & Graphics" shop and had them "make it real". :) They used vinyl for the black background and did the "Impala" text in white, with a 3D-look (hard to see in the pictures) - the Impala text is actually just a vinyl decal that they put on top of the black vinyl, but it's so thin that you would never know it was 2 separate pieces.

I actually had it done twice - the first time, we used a light grey vinyl instead of black and the overall "shape" wasn't quite right - so I had them redo it in black and with the proper shape. Finally, I added some chrome trim around it - this not only makes it look better (in my opinion), but it also allows you to "hide" any imperfections in the vinyl edges - and even adjust the overall shape a little. You could also use black instead of chrome (I actually have black and chrome trim on this).

Kind of cool how we can come up with an idea on the forum and then actually make it happen. :)

Sorry for the thread-jack!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finally got to do a proper detail!

-Washed
-Clayed
-Waxed
-Cleaned the leather
-Conditioned the leather

And I put my license plate frame on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We call it a "valance" and it's actually something that we custom designed here on the ImpalaForums! If you are interested in reviewing the whole "design process", it starts here in my mod thread:
http://www.impalaforums.com/recent-mods-weekly-updates/572514-jt-s-2012-impala-lt-mod-thread-30.html#post2736697

After we came up with the final design, I then sent those pictures to a local "Tint & Graphics" shop and had them "make it real". ? They used vinyl for the black background and did the "Impala" text in white, with a 3D-look (hard to see in the pictures) - the Impala text is actually just a vinyl decal that they put on top of the black vinyl, but it's so thin that you would never know it was 2 separate pieces.

I actually had it done twice - the first time, we used a light grey vinyl instead of black and the overall "shape" wasn't quite right - so I had them redo it in black and with the proper shape. Finally, I added some chrome trim around it - this not only makes it look better (in my opinion), but it also allows you to "hide" any imperfections in the vinyl edges - and even adjust the overall shape a little. You could also use black instead of chrome (I actually have black and chrome trim on this).

Kind of cool how we can come up with an idea on the forum and then actually make it happen. ?

Sorry for the thread-jack!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Looks great 04palaSS

Reactions: 04palaSS

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Looking at getting wheels soon but there are so many options I can't decide :lol: Here are my top 3 options (in order). Let me hear your thoughts!

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I personally like #2 the best - mainly because I'm partial to chrome wheels and like 5-spoke designs. But everyone has different tastes in wheels, so what really matters is what *you* like the best!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I thought about removing the back bowtie all together what are your thoughts View attachment 143785
I was going to but decided against it I saw a car without one and it just looks like something is missing. I color matched mine.

She made a 4k mile cross country trip! I live in Minnesota and my wedding was in Florida last week. These 14+ cars are fantastic road trip cars. Made it with only 1 issue. Ran something over about half way home luckily it was a slow leak I was able to just fill the tire every few 100 miles. I did take it off once I got home hopefully it can be patched.

Did a good detail before he trip (even though it rained)

In Flordia

She got plenty dirty!

Got a good detail day after we got home

And I saw this at Disney's Epcot had to take a picture great looking car :laugh

41 - 60 of 83 Posts