Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was only a matter of time. I picked up this 2014 Impala LTZ with the 2LZ package. Absolutely loaded with every singe option. I sold my 2016 Silverado for it. This thing is awesome I have had it for a week now and love it.

I already added LED reverse lights and tag lights. I have tint set up for this week too! I also ordered matching pearl white vinyl to wrap the bowties.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
i'm jealous of your purchase. i just had the trans on my 2010 redone because of cost effectiveness....it was pretty hard not to just go buy 9th gen for the daily driver....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm jealous of your purchase. i just had the trans on my 2010 redone because of cost effectiveness....it was pretty hard not to just go buy 9th gen for the daily driver....
Thanks! Agreed these deprecated so bad so quick its hard not to get one for what they go for used

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Congrats on your new Impala. :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Congratulations. I see one option that it doesn't have, the adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
293 Posts
Awesome man, your gonna love it with window tint.

Since it a 14 did it come with onscreen nav or the POS ONSTAR assist crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
We use the OnStar navigation and it works great. Took a little getting used to not having a map in front of me but the directions have been spot on.

As for the adaptive cruise control, I would consider that a blessing it doesn't have it. I think the grill it gives you with that option is ugly.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I couldn’t stand the nav thing, guess it was just me.....I found it worth it to upgrade. But to each his own. I’m glad u are happy with your purchase :).

I believe ur rims are 20” so if I were u, I’d put away a little ‘tire fund’ somewhere. Cause mine are 19” and it was $1200 to change up. Just a thought :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome man, your gonna love it with window tint.

Since it a 14 did it come with onscreen nav or the POS ONSTAR assist crap

It does have on screen nav, I played with it alitte bit seems to work pretty good. One thing I'll miss is my 16' Silverado had Android auto that was awesome so I'll be curious to see how this compares.

I couldn’t stand the nav thing, guess it was just me.....I found it worth it to upgrade. But to each his own. I’m glad u are happy with your purchase :).

I believe ur rims are 20” so if I were u, I’d put away a little ‘tire fund’ somewhere. Cause mine are 19” and it was $1200 to change up. Just a thought :)

Yes the are the 20in wheels I love the look that was one of my "must haves" luckily the previous owner just put on new tires lol I can only imagine how spendy they are so thats a good idea lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
It does have on screen nav, I played with it alitte bit seems to work pretty good. One thing I'll miss is my 16' Silverado had Android auto that was awesome so I'll be curious to see how this compares.

Yes the are the 20in wheels I love the look that was one of my "must haves" luckily the previous owner just put on new tires lol I can only imagine how spendy they are so thats a good idea lol

Ya I was shocked at the price,

I have a friend that’s a tire expert and he recommended this tire the most

Pirelli cinturato P7

80,000 mile warranty and the smoothest tire I’ve ever driven on. Pricey but worth it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m getting ready to make a couple purchases for my 2014 9th gen Impala. I was wondering if there are any sources other than overkill for the bigger throttle body. I finally got will from overkill to reply to me, but it wasn’t in direct correlation with my question to him. I’m waiting for further response. If anyone else has a source for a tune and throttle body it would be appreciated. Going to start my custom cold air intake soon, but I would like to know if I can make it for a larger throttle body or do I need to settle for the current 3” inlet.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I’m getting ready to make a couple purchases for my 2014 9th gen Impala. I was wondering if there are any sources other than overkill for the bigger throttle body. I finally got will from overkill to reply to me, but it wasn’t in direct correlation with my question to him. I’m waiting for further response. If anyone else has a source for a tune and throttle body it would be appreciated. Going to start my custom cold air intake soon, but I would like to know if I can make it for a larger throttle body or do I need to settle for the current 3” inlet.
if you purchase an overkill tune, he will update them for free last i knew. so if you bought it now, then upgraded performance parts later, send him an email and let him know what you did to get your tune modified for the new parts. that comes with the purchase of every overkill tune i believe.

expect delays in communication however, it's been that way for a while now.

trifecta is another tuner of these cars but i believe they are only for stock vehicles and may not adjust their tune for your new parts (you can contact them and ask however).

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tint makes everything look better!

I ordered vinyl for my bowties a week ago still waiting to get here but once it does that'll really add a nice touch

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Oh damn is that the white diamond paint? I love that color. We had it on our 13 Malibu and I wanted an Impala in that color.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it is haha thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looking good buddy,

Now just gotta stick a subwoofer in there and your complete lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
Vinyl for bow ties might be tough, I had mine painted because the surface on them is so rough. If that doesn’t work for you try the paint route.

As much as we hit the car wash with our ‘fancy palas’ the pressure from water washing might make that vinyl peel off. But good luck :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Vinyl for bow ties might be tough, I had mine painted because the surface on them is so rough.
I had vinyl on mine at one point. While it will never look as good or have the durability of paint they can be done well. Take a hair-dryer or heat gun and during the installation warm them up a bit and use a toothpick or soft brush to get the vinyl into the creases. It will last longer and look better.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts