Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I found this to be an intriguing website and so I thought I'd register. Lots of great discussion going on. Yesterday I bought a silver 2006 Impala LT 3.5 with 162k miles off of Craigslist. I'm excited to start driving it after I sell my old car and transfer the plates.

My dad has owned a 2005 LS (with bench!!) since late 2005 and it runs like a champ at 224k miles on the 3.8. It also gets good fuel economy - of course depending on which member of the family is driving :biggrin:. I simply wanted a newer car with good fuel economy and that is reliable. So I bought this 2006 LT. I love the new style interior - and the fuel economy computer reported 31.6 MPGs after 123 miles driving about 67 miles per hour. I can live with that :lol:. Hoping to get it well past 200k miles.
Quick question: what are some of the major differences/hiccups that I should watch out for on the 8th gen Impalas? We had to do the fuel pump and the intake manifold gasket on the 2005.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
536 Posts
heck at 162,000 miles the car must be good.keep the oil clean and dont get too many speeding tickets. thats my advice.my car likes to warp its rotors but they are easy to replace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks!! Looks like a great thread.

I'm becoming a Chevy believer... Wish I could afford a 2012! Gotta rack up the miles on this one first though! That 3.6...

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Welcome!!!!:beer: Wassamotta yew? De camera, she broke-a?:lol:
Make-a nice, and getta pichure....:eek:k3:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome, pics please

·
Vader
353 Posts
Welcome fellow Chicagoland member! You probably live out close to me based on the amount of snow on the ground and having a barn!:beer:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Welcome! Watch the new car mostly for transmission problems, rear tire wear, and brake rotors warping. Also door lock and blend door actuators going bad, and the transmission. Oh and also the EVAP valves, and the transmission...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More pictures:
2001 BMW 325 ci, sisters car. 206 k and a brand new transmission!!!
2005 impala Ls 224 k. Dad's
2003 f-250 Fx4 5.4. 258k. Plowing towing sand dune runs and such.
And 2005 Chevy express. 89k. Hardly used and with custom graphics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Whose 2500 in the background? lol

BTW whereabouts are you from? This looks to be on the skirts of Chicagoland...atleast the one I'm used to haha

·
Premium Member
18,506 Posts
Thanks for posting these! LOVE the 7th Gen Imp!! And your new one is nice too!:eek:k3:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dad drove that truck home from work... Its an 8100 :eek:k3: It'll do burn outs in 4wd.

And I'm about 40 miles due south of lake Geneva Don.

·
Vader
353 Posts
Huntley here. :beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts