Impala Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a 2004 Chevrolet impala super sport. The car was sitting for a year with a bad alternator. After replacing alternator car seem to run fine while waiting on registration something happened. Under full throttle acceleration and highway speed acceleration car seems to be under powered and a multiple cylinder misfire code appears. I replaced spark plugs, ignition control module. Throttle position sensor. Mass airflow sensor. This is only seemed to help the problem a little bit. I have also noticed while scanning the airbag control module the lights on the dash seem to go off and come on. Well also showing an airbag code. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’ve come to a dead end.

·
Registered
300 Posts
"Sat for a year?"
Having problems under load?

First thing I'd do, ... Replace the Inline Fuel Filter Canister!
BEFORE ...
Replacing anything else.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have already replaced fuel filter. Yes It sat for a year and having trouble under load
If you're having a situation that feels like it won't make power because its being "Choked" ... varmint's might have stockpiled provisions, here and there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have gone over every inch of car and
Engine bay cleaned all grounds and change the air filter
O2sensors there are two on the impala ss
if not that then try plugs and wires or a new torque converter
I have a 2006 with a 2009 motor and transmissio in my impala I’ve had everything go wrong and I assure u I am educated in impala ss I love my car and I’ll go to any measures for my car

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have a 2004 Chevrolet impala super sport. The car was sitting for a year with a bad alternator. After replacing alternator car seem to run fine while waiting on registration something happened. Under full throttle acceleration and highway speed acceleration car seems to be under powered and a multiple cylinder misfire code appears. I replaced spark plugs, ignition control module. Throttle position sensor. Mass airflow sensor. This is only seemed to help the problem a little bit. I have also noticed while scanning the airbag control module the lights on the dash seem to go off and come on. Well also showing an airbag code. Any help would be greatly appreciated I’ve come to a dead end.
Yes I agree fule filter first off with a good injection and rail cleaner high in nitrogen compound like Chevron. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes 3 to 4 times a year with a good injection cleaning. And the other guy was right on the money. Chevron Tecron is the best, it's the only high nitrogen product that works on the market. The other additives were made for engine's that ran leaded fule and they don't work. Spend the extra money and buy Chevron. It can't hurt anything and you will be surprised the difference it makes. Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I might be late to the party but, on my '02 I had the same type of thing and it ended up being a clogged catalytic converter. No issues starting or driving at slower speed ranges but heavier accelerations resulted in sputtering and no accelerating unless I let off the accelerator a bit. Anyway...did you find out what the issue is yet?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi I was wondering if you have solved the power problem you are having? I have been going through a battery draining overnight issue. And in my many hours of reading and research, I discovered that the BCM plays a major role in power. It could be going bad or as someone else suggested that it could be as simple as the connection at the BCM itself. He said to pull the connectors out and clean them up good with some contact cleaner. It's a little pricey at $21.00 a can but I think that it's worth a shot, he said it is very common for build up to collect on the connection. That being said I would run a scanner on it and look for a BCM malfunction code. I really did not realize that the BCM controlled so many functions. I would not stop looking at the converter either. Just saying...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts