Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to put in some headlamp bulbs in my wife’s 2012 Camry that were just a little brighter. I also have Hella bulbs in my Impala 9C3. She was saying she couldn’t see as well at night and her car had the original bulbs from 2012. I ordered the Hella H83300082 HB3 9005 12V 65W High Performance 2.0 Bulb Kit from Amazon on January 7, 2019, which has been less than 1 year. One of the bulbs has gone out under normal wear in her car. Hella’s warranty says they are warrantied for 1 year from the date of purchase. If there are any problems, Hella says do not return them to Hella, but to contact the retailer. I tried to return it to Amazon for a replacement, but they have refused. I told them these bulbs had a 1 year replacement, but they allowed only 30 days and will not honor the Hella warranty of 1 year and the representative said to contact Hella, but Hella’s warranty says to contact the seller. I contacted Hella today via email, so we’ll see what happens. I simply wanted a replacement. Never again will I purchase any type of light bulb from Amazon again!

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Never dealt with Hella, but I have thoroughly enjoyed all sets of my Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope it's resolved!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never dealt with Hella, but I have thoroughly enjoyed all sets of my Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. Sorry to hear of your troubles, hope it's resolved!
Thanks! I haven't heard anything else from Hella, so I think I'll call them again. The only reason I have used Hella bulbs is that Sylvania doesn't make the high beam bulb (H9) for the ninth generation, but Hella does. Since I had such good performance from them in my Impala, I thought I'd try them in my wife's car. I have Sylvania Silverstar Ultras in my Dodge Challenger Scat Pack and love them. They've been great! Since Hella has most likely forgot or didn't give a crap, I went and purchased a pair of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras for her Camry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts