Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained a heated steering wheel from a 2007 Buick Lucerne, and tested it out in my Impala. I still need to get a clock spring from a DTS or a Lucerne, but everything else works just fine. I'll post an update when I have it fully installed.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Fju3Zqp

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Got it fully installed! Everything works and aside from the steering wheel being gray, it looks like it's always been there.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
wonder if you could pull it again and dip the wheel in a black rubber/neoprene or something to change the color/give it a renewed look.

or just have the local upholstery shop wrap it in new leather.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm probably gonna get a black DTS/Lucerne wheel if one comes into the junkyard.

·
Registered
635 Posts
@zaharren... Ok, so what did you have to do to wire it up? Pulling the airbag and the steering wheel is the easy part... clock spring is easy enough... I would be willing to do this swap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clockspring connector is different for the heated steering wheels, so you will have to get the male connector off the steering column of the junkyard car. In my install, I popped all the pins out of my steering wheel connector, and put them in the connector that came out of the junkyard car, so it looks stock. As far as wiring the power to the wheel heater, all you need is a good ground and a switched 12 volt feed. I will try to dig up a pinout.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The clockspring connector is different for the heated steering wheels, so you will have to get the male connector off the steering column of the junkyard car. In my install, I popped all the pins out of my steering wheel connector, and put them in the connector that came out of the junkyard car, so it looks stock. As far as wiring the power to the wheel heater, all you need is a good ground and a switched 12 volt feed. I will try to dig up a pinout.
Cool, might do this for the hell of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts