Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched around and can only find that the Mode Door Actuator is what changes the air flow from the front window defroster to the floor, or dash vents. Or blends there of.

Cannot find a video about changing it out. Not even on you tube, where it actually said Mode Door, but it was a blend actuator and the two items look totally different on rock Auto.

The actuator will change from defrost to dash vents but not floor. On both sides in front we have cold feet!!!:crying

Can anyone find out about the Mode Door Actuator?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Cannot find a video about changing it out. Not even on you tube, where it actually said Mode Door, but it was a blend actuator and the two items look totally different on rock Auto.
I think I saw that one, too :)

Can anyone find out about the Mode Door Actuator?:dunno:
Here's one I found, and it appears to focus on the desired actuator, but I'm not sure how helpful it is.

That said, on the one I swapped, as I recall, once I got the glove box out of the way, getting to the actuator wasn't all that bad.

Also, "mode selector" might get you more hits on searches. But it seems like there's a whole lot of munged terminology out there.

Doug

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
^ Tony, have you tried pulling the red 10 amp "Display" fuse in the underhood fuse panel on the pass. eng. side? Pull it, turn key to on/run a couple times and reinsert the fuse. This will often relearn the mode (vent) actuator. If no luck, may try disconnecting the neg. batt. cable for a few minutes then reconnecting. I'd try these 2 things before replacing the mode actuator. The fuse pull has worked for me and several others, but only for rebooting the mode actuator, not the other 3 actuators.

·
Premium Member
18,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Tony, have you tried pulling the red 10 amp "Display" fuse in the underhood fuse panel on the pass. eng. side? Pull it, turn key to on/run a couple times and reinsert the fuse. This will often relearn the mode (vent) actuator. If no luck, may try disconnecting the neg. batt. cable for a few minutes then reconnecting. I'd try these 2 things before replacing the mode actuator. The fuse pull has worked for me and several others, but only for rebooting the mode actuator, not the other 3 actuators.

Thank you, Sheila! It worked! I hope it stays that way! Can't afford to have it replaced, I'm in between jobs right now!

:)(y)(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so very much for this. Worked for me. I pulled the display fuse, turned my key switch on and off 3 times and replaced the fuse. Works like a charm now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts