Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive had this idea for a while but im not too sure how well it would work out. i was thinking about removing my headliner and covering in in fiberglass resin. mainly so i can paint it black and so i dont have to worry about cigarette burns as much. so basically if you have any thoughts or ideas about why this would or would not work please feel free to post. also if you have done this or something like this please post a pic.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Headliner

Really don't understand the cigarette burn thing, however keep this in mind. The headlinder is nothing but a thick cardboard covered with a thin material with a very thin layer of foam attached. It's only held there by a simple spray adhesive that you can buy for about $6 a can at most auto places or interior shops. So if the whole cigarette thing happens. Just pull it, pick up some material. Do it on a warm day, spray the adhesive on and streatch your material out and clamp with clothes pins for a few minutes and you will have a brand new headliner. Just some thoughts.

Jeff

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Fiberglass would be cool if you were to mold in some speakers or tweeters, other than that new material is the best way to go

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Stop smoking in your damn car, you can't smoke in a car and pretend to care about it. That's like guys beating their wives and saying they mean the world to them...

Anyway, fiberglass resin burns too, so it isn't going to help.

·
Super Moderator
10,791 Posts
Stop smoking in your damn car, you can't smoke in a car and pretend to care about it. That's like guys beating their wives and saying they mean the world to them...

Anyway, fiberglass resin burns too, so it isn't going to help.
not to mention it will look like absloute shit :WTF:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am aware that fiberglass resin burns.. I am not necessarily afraid of myself burning a hole in the headliner as much as I am afraid that other people will. It would be much easier to sand down the resin where a burn was and re cover it as opposed to re covering the headliner with new material if this happened.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
My friends and I used to smoke in my old car all the time. Only got one burn on the pass seat. Never on the ceiling. How does that happen?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
My friends and I used to smoke in my old car all the time. Only got one burn on the pass seat. Never on the ceiling. How does that happen?
What we smokin Wally??? :biggrin: :yikes: :giggle:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That's cool, that smell goes away. Tobacco doesn't.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I smoke cigs in my impala but the next car wont get smoked in.
I can't drive a long distance without smoking a cigarette :bang: .

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
gotta pull over and smoke i guess lol
Where I drive, someone might knock me out and steal my rims to sell for drugs :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If u ever have your window barely cracked cuz it's cold as fuck outside you can easily put a burn in the headliner if your not paying attention. I haven't done it in my impala yet but I can't help but worry that I might do it by accident.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts